“A very nice surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Estia Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Estia Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Great food and great company have been long standing traditions in the Greek lifestyle. The name Estia defines the place where these traditions can be shared. We would like to carry on these same traditions with you as you enjoy the flavors of our culture here at Estia. Kali Oreksi!
“A very nice surprise”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

A very good Greek restaurant that serves real Greek food in addition to pizza. The chicken souvlaki is one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. Stuffed grape leaves are delicious and authentic. A great place for takeout. It is family run and service is the best.

“A hidden gem!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've had a summer home in the area for close to 20 years and lived here full time for the past five - why it took me so long to try Estia I'll never understand!!! We had dinner there this evening based on a friend's recommendation - one who is a regular there - and I now understand why. This is certainly not high end, fancy dining - but if you are looking for a really, really good home cooked type of greek meal at a very reasonable price - this is the place to go. It's family run which adds to the charm of the place. By the time we finished our dinner, we were already discussing what we would order the next time. Looks like we will join our friend in the ranks of being "regulars"!

1 Thank LouisC
Tiverton, Rhode Island
“Very good Greek food”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We enjoy Greek food and were anxious to try Estia for dinner. I had the Moussaka and my husband had the lamb kabob plate...both were very good. The Moussaka came with a Greek salad and a side of broccoli, the lamb kabobs came with sides of rice pilaf and Greek salad. Although the food was delicious, I felt the portion of Moussaka was small for the price. The service was very good. The restaurant was clean and nicely appointed.

“a greek gem”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I have visited Estia several times. Our favorite meal is the mezza platter with a greek salad. Plenty of food for both of us. All the meats on the mezza platter are so tasty. Each one has a unique flavor. It is served with a crisp feta, fresh cucumber slices, tetziki and wedges of pita. so delicious. The bread that came before the meal is toasted and seasoned with greek spices then served with olive oil. They have a nice wine selection and a full bar. The only drawback is the strip mall location. Don't let that deter you. Once you are inside, it is cozy and relaxed. The staff is attentive, yet unobtrusive.

• Visited May 2013
estiarest, Manager at Estia Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your recent review and continued support! It is because of patrons like you that we love what we do! We look forward to having you dine with us again!
The Fotopoulos family
“Over priced and small portions.”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Firstly, when I called to place my to-go order, I was greeted in what I assume was Spanish or Greek. The woman barely spoke English. She was friendly enough but sounded hesitant and somewhat annoyed that I called. I got a lamb dish, that ran close to 20 dollars. There were only 4 small pieces of lamb on top of under-cooked pasta. The flavor was very good, but was difficult to eat due to the under cooked pasta. I'd price a meal of this size closer to 10 dollars. Not 20. The lamb itself had chunks of crunchy nutmeg in it and was rather fatty. There was a blob of what looked like cartilage in there too. It's a shame because it really did taste good! I'm afraid I won't be going back. The interior has very little atmosphere, and it was very over priced for the tiny portion size!

• Visited June 2013
estiarest, Manager at Estia Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
On behalf of the family here at Estia, we would like to start by thanking you for your visit here with us Thursday morning. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with your overall experience. Let me begin by kindly informing you that the woman who took your order is the owner and chef here in our restaurant. She is Greek, from Greece. Yes, she does carry an accent but that should never matter here in America, because like her and many other immigrants owning a business, her primary care is for you, the customer. I assure you she was happy to take your order and is sad to hear that she was misunderstood. As you agree, her food is delicious. We only serve the highest quality lamb and produce. Lastly, in the opening hour of our business, the liveliness of our restaurant is just beginning. However quiet it was, the atmosphere we provide here is always clean, friendly and inviting. We appologize that quality of your visit and portion of food was not to your liking. We gladly invite you back to try us again. Please ask for management directly and we will be happy to serve you.
The Fotopoulos Family