“Great Addition”

Dining style: Casual Dining
rhode island
“Great Addition”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

To Wakefield's restaurant scene. Wide selection of different cuts of steaks, from average to above average price. Other dishes include ribs/fish/salads/burgers or Panini's. Seems to be something for everyone. Dessert menu looked great, but we were to stuffed to try anything. Staff were friendly and helpful. Décor is comforting and relaxing and was tastefully redone. Best of luck, we will be back.

• Visited September 2013

Newport, Rhode Island
“Great new addition to Wakefield”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you are looking for the old Casey's, that is a thing of the past. The new place has been revamped and is stunning. I went with a group of 6 and I had heard complaints that is was extremely loud. Although it was loud, it was no unbearable and I could have a conversation with the people across the table from. However, it was not as busy as a friday or Saturday night. The bread was warm and delicious and the unsalted butter had a slight sweetness to it. my party orderded the Calamari which was filled with roasted garlic, but was very delicious. My husband had the steak, which was delicious. I had a salad and the tuna tartare which was clean, fresh and tasty. Others in my party had steaks and the lobster panini, which they raved about. The creme brulee and warm bread pudding were delicious.The wine selection was nice, but slightly pricey. Our service was very good and we asked for nothing. The waiter was very attentive, which was a nice treat.Overall, a nice time and a great new addition to Wakefield. Be aware, this is a slightly more expensive restaraunt in town, but it really was good.

• Visited September 2013
Harrisville
“CHOPHOUSE ~ Delicious!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had our first dinner at the Chophouse Grille in Rhode Island, recently. We were pleasantly greeted as we arrived. When we go to a restaurant, we appreciate appropriate music being played in the background, which is the case at the Chophouse. From observing the Staff, they worked diligently and it appears that their hard work is resulting in a wonderful dining experience for patrons. There are several separate levels of dining areas, but the restaurant is also handicap accessible. The levels gave an uncrowded feeling, even though the restaurant was packed. Good thing we had reservations!

Now, to the food:
Fried Calamari was perfectly cooked, crisp yet tender and delicate with complementing ingredients.
The Pan-Seared Sea Scallops were served with wonderfully flavored Risotto. The scallops were huge!
Husband is fussy about his Prime Rib and fully enjoyed this one. His baked potato looked like it was from the Jolly Green Giant’s garden, big and scrumptious.
The bread was crusty outside, tender inside, with a delicious butter accompaniment.

If you like classy wines, they’re available. They also carry reasonably priced good tasting wine.
I don’t often order a dessert, but splurged and it was worth every bite. “Every bite” happened to be a lot, since it came in a generous portion.
For those who are familiar with great dining, this place has Umami in the sense that it was all deliciously tasteful.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank L A
Pulaski, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Chophouse Has It All and Then Some”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

While on a trip to the East Coast, we heard about a new place that had just opened August 20th in Wakefield. While a bit leary on checking out a place that was brand new and working out the kinks, we decided to check it out anyway. When we entered, we were greeted by the hostesses and we took a place at the bar in the main dining room. We took a peek at the cocktail menu and I ordered the Gollatini. If you like chocolate and martinis, this one's for you! The name was giving a nod to the GM's wife (her maiden name was Golla.) Still not sure if we would stay to have a bite to eat, we perused the menu out of curiosity and decided to give it a whirl. We shared the Yellowfin Tuna Tartare. OMGoodness! It was so fresh and fantastic! For our next course, I ordered the Lobster Panini and my husband had the Pan Roasted Littlenecks. (Actually, we ordered and shared and both dishes were so flavorful!) I liked that the Lobster Panini was a twist on the lobster roll. Totally worth the twist! Once our dishes were cleared, dessert was offered. Uh oh . . . a look at the dessert menu but so full from the generous portions, I opted to order my absolute favorite anyway, Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. It was slab-a-licious! Easily enough for two or a comfortable taste for four!
We will definitely return. The service was over the top, the food was so good and the atmosphere was absolutely awesome. We really enjoyed the 80's music that was playing over the sound system. And the cost? We expect to get what we pay for and this, without a doubt, fits the bill!

• Visited August 2013