“Great little Italian restaurant”
Review of Italian Village - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Italian Village
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
“Great little Italian restaurant”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Italian Village is a Wakefield favorite. It's been around forever. I usually have lunch here -- the grinders are terrific. My favorite is the meatball grinder - it's huge, delicious, and inexpensive. Dinner is also very nice at Italian Village. Their menu features several authentic italian favorites including entrees, soups, salads and appetizers. They also have a liquor license so you have have a nice glass of wine or beer with your meal. they also offer take-out. It's not a fancy place - it's very modest and small, but they serve up great meals at reasonable prices. Worth a visit.

• Visited January 2012

Austin, Texas
“So worth it”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

A small place locals like, so prices are great and so is the food. Try the Chicken escarole soup and the spinach pie.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank OperaLady1984
Naples
“Cute Restaurant with Good Food”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

My husband and I have gone to this restaurant many times both for lunch and dinner. We have had many good meals with just a few "misses".

One major issue we have is with the salad dressing. Your only option is a bottle of oil & vinegar (with seasoning) that is left on the tables. It is very difficult to get this dressing to mix (there is no closed top to easily shake it up).
Plus the fact that it is left on the table open just makes it very unappealing. I hope the owners will change this unsanitary way to serve dressing in the future.
We agree that prices are a little steep for a family style restaurant. Interior is cute but could use some updating.
Serving portions are more than adequate, always get a doggy bag.
Sauce is excellent. Food is usually above average, so worth a try. Lunch would be a good time to try it. Enjoy!

Rhode Island
“Consistently good: "Mangia, Beve & Spende Poco"”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I go to this restaurant at least once a month or more. The food is always consistent. Antonio makes a great spinach pie and every soup I've ordered has been delicious and I've had them all. Their Pasta e fagioli is my favorite. Perfect for a filling lunch. Between my husband and I, we have tried just about everything on the menu. Neither of us have ever been disappointed. The food is like home cooking. If you want pre-portioned, run of the mill, so-called Italian food, go to The Olive Garden. If you want authentic Italian home cooking go to The Italian Village. It doesn't get anymore authentic. Antonio, the owner, is from Italy. For those who think it's too pricy, I would say, you get what you pay for and you get plenty of it. I always leave with a doggy bag. No, this is not a high end, high falutin posh restaurant, but if you want good food in a nice neighborhood atmosphere, with great service (Shanon is a sweetheart and goes out of her way to make her customers happy), then this is the place for you. I am rating it for the category in which it is; home cooked Italian food.

• Visited September 2011
Newport, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Molto Bene!”
Reviewed March 17, 2011

The food was delicious and came in huge heaping portions. They have a mix of American-Italian, but also a lot of more classic Italian food. Very well priced for a dinner for two and drinks.

Read my review of The Italian Village at my food blog!

• Visited March 2011