“Best restaurant in southern RI!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Phil's Restaurant

Phil's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 73 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Best restaurant in southern RI!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Phil's for breakfast dozens of times. The menu is extensive and very well priced. Actually, I'm not sure how they make money on some items because they're so cheap! But the price does NOT affect the quality of food. The atmosphere could use a little sprucing up but for a quick diner breakfast, you can't beat it.

Dinner on the other hand: is even better!! They just started serving dinner within the last couple years. At first I was hesitant, but the food is phenomenal. I've never been disappointed. The dinner menu is a little pricey compared to the breakfast menu, but the transformation from breakfast diner to fancy restaurant is spectacular and the prices don't seem so out of place anymore, and again, the portion sizes are just right. The upstairs dining room and rooftop areas are beautiful and provide private dining in the center of town- all with a great view. The location across from Brickley's ice cream is perfect. Parking is always easy, and there are lots of nice shops for an after dinner stroll.
Great restaurant! I bring all my friends when they come from all around to go to the beach and none of us have ever had a bad experience.

• Visited June 2013

Narragansett, Rhode Island
“Phil's Rooftop:Great outside dining, nice selection of Draft Beer, slow service.”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had a late lunch and some draft beers at Phil's Rooftop. My friend had a burger and I had the California Chicken wrap. The food was decent. My chicken could have been seasoned or marinated before being grilled, but there was plenty of it in the wrap. We were seated right away and after ordering a round of draft beer, it took about 15 minutes for our waitress to come back with them. She never came back to clear our dishes after eating until it was made very obvious by hanging the plates off the edge of the table(we were still enjoying the cold beer :-) Being able to sit outside in the sun to dine and drink is quite delightful. It reminded me of some rooftop places I had been to in San Diego and Huntington Beach California. We will definitely return for some cod beverages up there

• Visited June 2013
Barnard, Vermont, United States
“My First Time”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Went to Phil's for a late breakfast. Place was packed, but the weather was nice and their deck was open. The deck is a bit away from the kitchen and they were busy, so not a time to be in a rush. Food quality and quantity was very good. Pricing was respectable so made for a good time with my family, whom I had not seen in awhile. Made for an enjoyable time. Relaxing .....

Visited April 2013
South Kingstown, Rhode Island
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Our first visit and we had outstanding fish and chips. The upstairs dining area was open but not noisy and we had a great view of downtown Wakefield. Will go back soon.

Visited February 2013
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Busy, friendly atmosphere where you can watch as your meal is prepared”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Phil's was a great hometown breakfast experience. When I walked in, I could see the guys were busy at the grill behind the counter preparing various egg dishes and pancakes. The service was prompt, attentive and very helpful - offering suggestion as well as information on upcoming special menus.

The breakfast was fresh and flavorful. I ordered a spinach, tomato and feta cheese omelette which was served with home fries and toast. A pretty terrific deal for only $6.99!

After breakfast, you can work off the indulgence with a walk through historic downtown and visit the shops. For those interested in a scenic route, ust a little past Phil's on the same side of the street there's a nice wooden walking bridge over the river.

What a great way to start the day!