“Great Staff and revamped menu”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #14 of 73 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: American
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Staff and revamped menu”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Very pleasant lunch! We took the kids for lunch and were impressed with the revamped menu. We especially liked the lunch combinations and the new "healthy" dishes they have added to the menu. I had previously tried the tilapia and thought it was excellent. The staff was great, the drinks were refilled, and the food was truly enjoyable. Will definitely return.

• Visited July 2012

Charlestown, Rhode Island
“Yuck”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Service was fast and friendly but the food is about as good as what they serve on an airplane! this was my first Applebee's experience but I will not go back to any of them.

Visited September 2011
Newport, Rhode Island
“Good chain restaurant”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Applebee's is a good place to go when you need a decent, quick meal out. The Applebee's in Wakefield is nicely ecorated with a lot of local items, including things related to nearby URI and the Narragansett/South Kingstown schools. The food is consistently good -- much better than the Applebee's in Westerly. The 2 for $20 food specials are an excellent deal. This Applebee's is in the South County Commons (development on Rt 1) so a lot of people go here before or after they catch a movie at the theater next door. Casual dining, lots of choices on the menu, great for families.

Visited January 2012
Richmond, Rhode Island
“Just Lacks Any Reason To Return”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

After an exhausting day spent with a family member in the hospital, I stopped at Applebee's only minutes away because I had no interest in cooking dinner for myself and my daughters. The manager (?) greeted us at the door right away and we were seated immediately in the fairly full restaurant. What a great start. Our waitress came and while she was polite, she had no real interpersonal skills like so many waitpersons do. (I realize it can always be a long or bad day, or a new server, but it was just plain old flat.) Our drinks came fairly quickly, we ordered a 2/$20 and an additional meal. The boneless wings were OK, but not good enough to finish even though we were starving. Sauce was only in some, rather than tossed with them all, but the serving was generous. The boneless 7 oz sirloin (2/$20) was tender, but I found it very salty and reminiscent of a marinade to tenderize it. It lacked any beef flavor and raising beef ourselves, I know what it should taste like. This tasted and looked more steamed than grilled. Then to upcharge $1.29 for the miniscule amount of cheese and bacon to make a "loaded" baked potato was disappointing. We get loaded baked potatoes at other restaurants that are like a meal. Not this one.

The Chicken Fettucini Carbonara (on 2/$20) was delicious and generous, but the chicken was in super small pieces (?). The last item we got was the Sizzling Asian Shrimp. I find it hard to believe it was the same item on the website or menu. It had no wonton topping, and in all honesty, and I feel bad saying this, it looked like any diet meal from Healthy Choice that had been nuked on the plate. I wish I'd had the menu there to compare it to the picture. The shrimp were cooked and plentiful, but limp looking- not grilled or browned in any way; the vegetables were overcooked and a small portion in proportion to the dish; the rice was much too firm and the sauce was not "drizzled", but about 1/4 cup of this very heavy, thick was poured over the top of the dish. I was too tired to say anything, and this visit's food was no more or less appealing then the food here a year ago. This was a visit where I should have been more tolerant of unappetizing food as my guard and expectations were down after such a long day. The people were nice, the atmosphere fine. But sadly, the food here is just not worth the money.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Luvamoose67
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great service, updated menu”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

If you have eaten at any Applebee's before, you know what the menu has to offer. I like the new combinations they have provided, including new soups and salads. There is also an all you can eat soup and salad option for lunch. We had some very good sandwiches and the kids ordered off the friendly kids' menu. All in all, an enjoyable experinece, especially the service.

• Visited July 2011