“nice place to stop by with family.”

Cap'n Jack's Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 74 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Basic meals at a reasonable price. Fast takeout service is available if want to stop by after beach or call ahead.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was one of those places that the "enlightened" politicians always complain about but you never seem to find, namely where portion size is amazing. Seriously, we sat on the back deck overlooking a wonderful marsh and consumed mass quantities of tasty seafood for not a lot of money. Really good value here. Not a fancy place, but if you are able to sit outside at sunset you will be entertained by many, many blue herons flying over the marsh and landing to spend the night. We have been watching wildlife for a lifetime and have not seen such maneuvers by herons. Surprisingly aerobatic. Among us, we had twin lobsters, swordfish, shrimp stuffed flounder and others. All good, and we left stuffed, no room for desert.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had one very pleasurable dinner here; baked-stuffed shrimp for me and whole-belly fried clams for my wife. The shrimp were very large and the stuffing was just loaded with bits of shrimp, crab, lobster and scallops. My wife said her clams were every bit as good as the ones we get in Ipswitch, so very good indeed.

Our meals had us too full for dessert but the dessert bar demanded attention, so we left with a huge slice of cheesecake (choc chip cookie dough) and an eclair the size of my forearm, We had them with coffee for breakfast the next day and they held us right through to happy hour.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were out for a ride along highway 1, we were staying in Mystic, CT and we were deciding what to do for dinner, so I asked the navigator for restaurants and seen alot of them near were we were staying but their was one Cap'n Jack's 13 miles away in Rhode Island so we took the drive down to it. We found it off of Highway 1 if it had not been for the navigator we would never had found out about it. I was busy with take out but we went to the end door and to our surprize it was a restaurant. they were busy so we figured we had a wait but no we were seated right away! We had a choice of outside or inside, we chose inside because it was around 8pm. We were surprized at the great prices and choices we had on their menu I chose stuffed flounder stuffed with shrimp, scallops and crab, my spouse chose bbq Ribs, both were great! we decided to bring a dessert home which was an eclair that was the size of a regular sub!! Their desserts were hugh and plentiful! We reccomend this for dinner! We also were treated to a fireworks display from across the water of the tidal bay!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and I stopped at Cap'n Jack's for lunch and sat out on the deck overlooking the marsh and a distant marina. Perfect day, perfect view, perfect lunch. I started with a bowl of french onion soup while my wife had the clam chowder. We both had the clam strips on a roll. Soup was excellent, fried clams were light and crispy. The staff were very pleasant and attentive. This is only the second summer for Cap'n Jacks they are off to a great second season!