“The worst Chinese food I have had.”
Review of Chen's Restaurant

Chen's Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 74 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed October 5, 2013

While visiting Rhode Island, we decided to eat at Chen's based on the reviews from this site. What a mistake. That was the WORST tChinese food we had ever had. The hot and sour soup was just bad as was the fried rice (never seen dark brown fried rice), the egg tools, the Hunan chicken, the chicken and broccoli, and house chicken. It was all bad. The only good food from this meal was the pre-packaged fortune cookie and that was missing the fortune. I do not know how anyone can give this place any rating above 1 (I wanted to give it a zero but tripadvisor wouldn't let me). If you really want to try this place, I would suggest that you check out Urban Spoon first and read the reviews there.

1  Thank slbva

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Despite the 1970s interior Chens was very good. The hot and sour soup was too sour but the General Tso's chicken was the best I have ever had! The decor is dated but worth the visit.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Lived in Narragansett years ago. Chens was my choice for Chinese food then and always will be when I visit home, family and friends

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

The food here is excellent, I've always gotten a great meal and huge portions. If you do go, I highly recommend the Chen's Special to start off with - and then add some Lo Mein or Boneless Chicken. The spare ribs are excellent also. Great place for lunch or dinner - with family or friends.

1  Thank BlueLynxx
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The decor and ambiance are the expected level for a suburban Chinese fare. Food's GREAT, and the people are awesome. The gentle, charming man that owns the place (and Westerly, RI location) gets more and more handsome the older he gets. I've been a customer for over 40 years, and highly recommend that everyone check out the fresh, well made, generous portions you'll ALWAYS find at CHEN'S!