“They need to bottle this stuff”
Review of Chen's Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chen's Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 73 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: Chinese
Kansas City MO
“They need to bottle this stuff”
Reviewed April 7, 2008

Outstanding chinese food with immense portions that will leave you with plenty of leftovers. We've been eating at Chen's since I was a kid, sometimes 2-3 times a week. Living in Warwick I think that tells you just how awesome their food is (worth the 25 minute drive down Rt 4), considering there are some really great Chinese places in Rhode Island. Dumplings, wings, incredible wonton soup, Hong Shel Gai, Lo Mein just to name a few are outstanding -- along with that super dark fried rice that's to die for.

I recently moved out to Kansas City where the chinese food sucks. I've tried several dozen places and the food is totally different out here. Apricot duck sauce, no Pu Pu platters, LIGHT color fried rice. Blech. My friend friend flew out here for my 30th birthday party and surprised me when he walked off the place with a huge cooler -- full of CHENS!!

I kid you not. Even the restaurant didn't believe his story at first, until he explained to them to hold the extra liquids (you know the airline rules these days). The food was just as good 1200 miles away and 4 hours later!

Mr. Lau, I seriously would give you my left arm for your recipes or to send someone out here to open a restaurant.

Here's to another 30 years of incredible food and outstanding, friendly service. It's worth the wait!

5 Thank KCRedSoxFan