“Chen's is back!!!!”

Chen's Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 75 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

We have been customers of Chen's in Wakefield for years. In the last two years or so the quality when totally down hill. We went again tonight to give them one more chance. I am ecstatic to say they are now the back to having the same great food they had years ago

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Chen's has a very traditional menu. They offer all the Chinese food standards and combination plates. I love their fried rice! They serve lunch and dinner. You can get lunch specials until 3pm, which are inexpensive. They have a full bar, too. They offer take-out, which is convenient. If you eat in the restaurant, service is usually very good and the food is served fast! And you always get a fortune cookie at the end! Great place for families. Very casual decor.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Chen's is a Wakefield institution. They've been in this spot since....the early 1980's? The only problem is that they don't seem much different than they were 30 years ago. The menu is basically the same - which is ok if you are visiting but we locals like a change now and then. The food is good to very good depending on what you get here. The service is incredibly fast. Your food comes out quickly! The restaurant could use a little updating though. Chen's has a small bar, too, which you can sit at if you like. The offer some of those unique Chinese restaurant drinks too!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 21, 2008

Good portions and quick service. The drinks are also realllly strong.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 7, 2008

Outstanding chinese food with immense portions that will leave you with plenty of leftovers. We've been eating at Chen's since I was a kid, sometimes 2-3 times a week. Living in Warwick I think that tells you just how awesome their food is (worth the 25 minute drive down Rt 4), considering there are some really great Chinese places in Rhode Island. Dumplings, wings, incredible wonton soup, Hong Shel Gai, Lo Mein just to name a few are outstanding -- along with that super dark fried rice that's to die for.

I recently moved out to Kansas City where the chinese food sucks. I've tried several dozen places and the food is totally different out here. Apricot duck sauce, no Pu Pu platters, LIGHT color fried rice. Blech. My friend friend flew out here for my 30th birthday party and surprised me when he walked off the place with a huge cooler -- full of CHENS!!

I kid you not. Even the restaurant didn't believe his story at first, until he explained to them to hold the extra liquids (you know the airline rules these days). The food was just as good 1200 miles away and 4 hours later!

Mr. Lau, I seriously would give you my left arm for your recipes or to send someone out here to open a restaurant.

Here's to another 30 years of incredible food and outstanding, friendly service. It's worth the wait!

6  Thank KCRedSoxFan