“Great Pub”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great fun pub with 69 drafts on tap every day. Go with friends or family. Order a flight, sampler of 5 draft beers, or try one of the many craft brews. Appetizers are standard pub fare: wings, rings, nachos, spinach artichoke dip, but can be counted on for big servings and tasty, finger-licking fried food. Yum! Many people order a pizza or the burgers. Always delicious. There are many rooms in this establishment. All 3 of the bars are fun and noisy, with upstairs being the quietest. I don't like the back room (past the restrooom) there is no bar back there, so it's the quietest. However, there is a rumble because it sits on top of the boiler. This isn't the kind of place you go for a quiet evening. It's great for a fun evening out, a stop-off after the movie or to watch the game. So try to get a spot in the porch with the tree growing right up through the roof.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

This tavern has both an adult section with two levels of pub and bar room entertainment.The dining room is family-friendly with private dining room tables for more privacy upon request. The service is prompt and friendly. The food is great quality so you will not get fast food prices yet ample quantities do share a big burger etc. to save money for the crafted brews. My seasonal favorite is the pumpkin ale with the baked brown sugar and cinnamon on the glass rim. All ingredients are locally derived farm or dock to table. There is a buy-VIP club that we enjoy for the occasional discounts on our favorite sandwiches or drinks. The Mews is a lively place so don't bring anyone with music or background noise sensitivity! If you like great popular music and every sport game imaginable then choose the tree dining area. You are guaranteed a great meal and experience at The Mews!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Visit mews in October and the food was great and so was the atmosphere. I highly recommend trying them when in town.

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

You know your at a place with great food if the usual wait is 45 minutes. We try to visit this place each time we go to see our daughter at URI. The burgers are very good. The beers are fantastic, 60+, but the Lobsta-Mac & Cheese is incredible. I think the meat from a whole lobster is in the dish. The pasta is cooked perfect and the cheese sauce fantastic. Once I had this dish, I can't seem to order anything else. Why change a good thing! Enjoy!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I had the Lobsta' mac n' cheese, a huge portion which I thoroughly enjoyed. Don't ask howm I fit it in but I sampled my wife's burger and it was excellent. The others in the party also had various burgers and they all looked very good. We were there at an odd hour and so had no issues at all with noise.