“Fun place, just not quiet”
Review of Mews Tavern

Mews Tavern
Ranked #1 of 74 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We had a nice night here, other than my mom was annoyed by the end with how loud it was, but my sister and I , we are in our twenties, liked it a lot. Good food, though a bit pricey and a great selection of 69 beers on tap!! I have been to places that offer samplers of beer, but there have never been enough varieties to have a few I really want to try, I am picky about beer, but here I had too many choices!! It was a fun night!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great pub food and a huge selection of beers. A fun place in South County to go for lunch, dinner, or just hang out.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Lived in RI for over 42 years, 13 of them in Narragansett. Had never been to the Mews, so I went for lunch. The beer selection was fun as there are many. Chose the Gray Sail, brewed in Westerly .. like to stay local. Apps and lunch tasted great, Varied selection to choose from. Good quantity, very full when done. Very busy in the middle of a Saturday afternoon, but the place is uniquely spread out. Had a great first experience.

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Most of the food is fairly average or worse. Stick to the pizzas and burgers, which are very good most nights. The draft beer selection is excellent.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I've got to start this review saying that I used to love the Mew's! In the past, especially in my college days twenty years or so ago it was one of my favorite places for a good burger and great assortment of beers at reasonable prices. Now, you can still get a decent burger or other pub food (at much higher than average prices) and all kinds of beers in the cool looking college style decorated bars but more important things about food service and a diner's experience have been forgotten and that's good customer service that's attentive. I'm basing my opinion on the last two-three visits I made there in the past year, with my final visit just the other night. Since all of these sittings were in the "Pizza Bar" I limit my criticism to the waitstaff and bartenders of just this area and urge you to sit in the main dinning room for better service.
*Note to twenty-something wait staff and bartenders everywhere, good tips are earned by being attentive and making your customers happy. They are not a "right" for which you are entitled. Many in this generation needs to learn that.