“The name says it all”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Wakefield, Rhode Island
“The name says it all”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

A faux Irish pub/restaurant, this place must surely win a prize for the least attractive name for a restaurant imaginable. However, it is an honest name. You want to have a Fat Belly? Come here, order a full meal, and you're on your way. If you want a filling meal with plenty of leftovers (unless you can pack away a couple of thou calories at a sitting) this is the place.

In fairness, I have to say that I'm probably an outlier. The place is usually crowded during the meal hours, so they have found an enthusiastic clientele, and more power to them.

Visited January 2014

SOUTH KINGSTOWN
“Lunch”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

This was a very good choice for our Noon Time treat. The Corned Beef sandwich was very tasty along with the fries. Super selection of beer in this Irish Pub so I went with Harp. Plenty of flat screen TV's to follow your March Madness 2014 bracket buster year.

Visited March 2014
Lawrence, Massachusetts
“Watch out for Justin the waiter”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

He was fine at first, but it quickly went downhill. Table next to us, who arrived after us, got their food before us. Our food was cold; we did eat it, because we had our fifteen month old grandson with us, and couldn't wait for them to refire the order. Called the manager Jen, about fifteen minutes after we left, she said she was sorry about our experience, Justin was one of our better servers! There was a party of six who had to ask for their waiter, so they could place their order. Bet you can guess who he was. That's right, Justin. I gave one of the couples at that table a coupon for some money off the bill that he gave me. To be honest, I didn't notice how much it was for. That couple was looking at me as I walked out the door; I pointed at him, giving two thumbs down.

Rich Bradley
Lawrence ma.

• Visited August 2013
RI
“Mediocre Service”
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

My 7 year old chose the location for her birthday, we were a party of seven. We ordered our food and it took an hour for it to arrive. We didn't order anything extravagant burger, chicken wings etc. Food was good, no complaints there. Dishes stay on the table too long after people are done eating. They don't fill your water unless you ask repeatedly. I guess if you don't mind waiting that long for food and mediocre service is ok it's not a bad place as the food is good and the value is good as well. Management needs to wake up or they won't survive.

• Visited May 2013
New England
“Irish Pub in Wakefield”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Fat Belly's opened another location for its Irish pubs - this time in Wakefield.
It has a good selection of pub food and beers on tap.
It is new/clean, comfortable and has good service.
And, live music on weekends - and busy.

• Visited January 2013