“Awful food even more awful service!!!”
Review of Bistro By The Sea

Bistro By The Sea
Ranked #41 of 73 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Hopkinton
“Awful food even more awful service!!!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Our server was terrible! She was slow to take our drink order but I figured it would get better. Once we ordered our food we never saw her again. There was a very pleasant girl who refilled our drinks. I think the manager even may have cleared out plates. I had the scallops and butternut squash risotto which sounded great. It was gross. The risotto tasted like it was sprayed with bathroom spray. I complained to the manager who only offered to bring me mashed potatoes while she was clearing the plates. Why would I want them after? We did get our waitress to tell us the deserts. The deserts were good. Then it was an act of congress to get our check. They did not compensate me for the bad risotto and our bill came to $74 for 2 dinners with no alcohol beverages. Long story short, save your money and go somewhere else.

2 Thank Wards100

Bradford, Rhode Island
“Just say no!!!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Any one who has read any of my previous reviews knows that I usually overlook things that upset others and try to focus on the positives of what ever place I am visiting...not this time. Nothing positive to say about this place. To start, I love theater by the Sea, the shows there are always great and the staff at the theater are super helpful and sweet. This time my sister and I decided to try out dinner before the show at the Bistro by the Sea. We gave ourselves 2 hours for dinner before the show. Our waitress came over and took our drink orders, it took at least 10 minutes for her to deliver a soda and lemonade, and at this point the place was not busy. Our waitress then waited about 15 minutes and then took our orders. I ordered Chicken, my sister scallops. We didn't see our waitress for well over an hour after she took our order. My Chicken was basically chicken tenders over plain pasta, no white wine sauce as the menu states, it was not good but was edible. My sister on the other hand ordered sea scallops with butternut squash risotto, scallops were ok...risotto can only be described as tasting like someone poured bathroom air freshener over it. I have never ever complained at a restaurant or sent food back, but this was so bad we needed to tell someone. However our waitress walked past our table at least 10 times and never stopped to ask how our food was or to see how we were doing, we also never got drink refills. The manager or owner (?) came by to clear our plates, and asked how our food was. We explained that the risotto was un edible and she offered to bring some mashed potatoes....umm no thanks we've been done eating for over 20 minutes. After our plates were cleared we sat again for at least 20 min never being acknowledged. Our waitress finally returned for the first time since she took our food order and asked if we wanted dessert, we ordered dessert and they were very good. Never saw the waitress again until we flagged her down much later to ask for our check. The manager never took anything off our bill for the horrible meal my sister could not eat and our total for 2 subpar meals and 2 soft drinks was 75.00 dollars. I will continue to see shows here every summer as I always have but would never again go to this restaurant. I will say the one positive was a young blonde women who cleared plates and refilled water glasses, she was the only person in the place who seemed to care about the patrons. Such a disappointment.

• Visited July 2014
RI
“Recent Visit for Grease the Musical”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We just attended for a musical with friends. Dinner was excellent. Service was very good and our waitress very pleasant and accommodating. We definitely return even without show tickets. Don't miss it. Our husbands had the swordfish special which was delicious.

Visited July 2014
New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Charming”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Make a reservation early or you will not get in. The food is great as well as the service. After the show they have a Cabaret, not to miss.

Visited July 2013
“Stay away.”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had a reservation after the show. The service was horrible and the meal was equally horrible. Someone in our party ordered eggplant parm which was ragu on dried out pasta. We never saw our server until we asked some twelve year old if we could have our check. It was as if you were sitting at a restaurant that just opened and nobody new how to cook or serve!!! We were disgusted

• Visited September 2013