“Terrible Service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Eden Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 5 Wakefield B&B and Inns
“Terrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2003

In all honesty, I never set foot in the B&B, so it may be beautiful, but the owners and/or innkeepers need some lessons in business and hospitality. I made reservations for several out of town guests at this B&B. A week and a half later, they called to tell me it is not their policy to accept reservations for one night during July and August, and that we had to resolve the issue - which meant paying double for one night. Needless to say, we had to cancewl and find alternate accomodations on very short notice. I understand the policy, but don't understand why they didn't tell me about it when I made the reservations. They were very rude and unprofessional when we tried to find a solution, and ended up cancelling all but one reservation with them. I would never suggest them to anyone in a million years!! Not to mention: we often dealt not with an adult, but with a 12 year old boy who was not totally reliable. Also, they charged a family member's credit card for a reservation that they did not make.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2003

I must say that this place was one of the most terrible B&B I have EVER stayed in. My parents used to run a B&B so I am familiar with the business but the Edens have NO idea about how to run a business. First of all, they were absolutely RUDE, made up whatever policy to charge us more, and were not at all transparent when it came to paying the balance. They could not even tell us what credit card they charged the rest of the fee. They had absolutely no record of it. If you want to have a nice time in RI, DO NOT stay here!!!!!!!!!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2003

If you are not familar with Inns, then you should be before staying in one of these. This one was a converted house, where the best Suite we paid $240. a night for was a converted dining room, no a/c, windows were smashed or did not open. Bathroom was rusty and older, rusty unflushable toilet... Doors do not lock... Just don't expect AAA accommodations, especially here.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wakefield
Hampton Inn South Kingstown - Newport Area
#7 of 8 in Narragansett
Newport Marriott
Newport Marriott
#3 of 21 in Newport

Been to Eden Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!