“Underwhelmed”

La Strada Cafe & Pizzeria
Ranked #29 of 74 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I did not think the pizza was that great and was very small for the price. I can't understand why large pizzas are made in a gas oven. The wood oven had Two pizzas at a time in it, so definitely big enough. May not return.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

OMG! After my first bite, okay maybe two, I got up from our outside table and ran in to tell the kitchen staff that they had something very special here!
Frame of reference: I grew up in Brooklyn, NY. Di Fara's Pizza (now world famous) was my neighborhood pizza shop.
Wood grilled, thin crust pizza, couldn't be any better. One made with Narragansett Ricotta instead of Mozzarella was the best of two that we tried.
Worth the ride FROM ANYWHERE!
SCREAMING FIVE STARS!
Great selection of draft beers.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Every year we make a trip to Rhode Island. I have been to this place on 3 occasions each time trying to give it the benefit of the doubt & hoping maybe the last time was just a mistake. Being from NY we love pizza and thought let's try it. On our first trip we noticed the owner states she's from NY, so we thought hey this could be good and given the style of pizza we thought it would be great. The pizza was not that good. I couldn't get past the burnt taste, it took away from the local grown ingredients. Disappointing to say the least. My husband who is always the pizza enthusiast was disappointed as well which was surprising since he always gives benefit of the doubt. Their selection of drinks is vast which was cool but also very expensive. It seems that in their desire to make this place "different" they seemed to forget that it is a family area and their prices and NOT family friendly at all. For the price we paid for our family I would rather go to a restaurant and have a better meal. As I said in my title we did try this place on more then one occasion hoping for at least better food but again disappointing.
Bottom line if you're a family who is on a budget or just an average person wanting good food at fair prices skip this place. I have nothing against this place just feel they are way to overpriced for the quality of food they have. Now, if you like a place that tries to be trendy and have the pockets to afford it and don't so much care about what you're eating then this maybe the place for you.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We moved to the pizza and bagel desert of Rhode Island from the Bronx a year ago. Love living here but miss a good pie. Being native New Yorkers, we are very fussy about our pizza. This is the real deal, trust me!!! It may not be the cheapest pizza in Rhode Island, but can you put a price on perfection? This is the best pizza we have ever had. Their crust is perfect, thin and crispy. By the way eat it there, the box takes away the crisp. Plus the atmosphere has a very cool vibe. They play old vinyl records and you can even bring your own, BUT NO JAM BANDS. Somethings from the 70's or before greatly appreciated. The owners are supper cool people and treat you like family. We have four children and we can't get enough of it. We were so happy to hear that they will be open over the weekends this winter. Jen and Nick thank you for saving us from Pizza Purgatory. Good luck from the PARTY BUS FAMILY.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

have had pizza a few times from here- very expensive and ok - 1 large and 1 small came to $40!! There are better pizza places around for a better value- too bad we can't keep a reasonable pizza place in matunuck.

1  Thank travelgogo