“very good lasagna”

Trattoria Romana South
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Romana South is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 73 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Welcome to Trattoria Romana In Wakefield, sister location to our Lincoln restaurant. Experience our authentic Italian trattoria. We offer specialty dishes from Italy in a relaxed, fine dining atmosphere.
new york
“very good lasagna”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My waitor had just graduated from URI he was very nice and informative about the menu. He helped me out with trying to find a hotel. I had the house pinot noir which was nice. The caesar salad - although it was a large salad the dressing didn't have much flavor. The lasagna was quite large and very delicious. I could only eat half but I did eat the homemade bread and probably because I asked for more I couldn't finish the lasagna. The room is quite nice and the leather chairs were very comfortable. I will be back next summer.

• Visited July 2014

Farmington, Connecticut
“Very good Italian food”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

This is one restaurant that lived up to most of the TA reviews. Because of rain we decided to change our plans and go to an inside restaurant rather than the clam shack that we originally were prepared to visit. That one will have to wait until tomorrow. TR was about 5 miles away and thanks to Siri we had no problem getting there from our Oceanside retreat at Scarbourgh Beach.

The restaurant is located in an outside mall near many shops. We didn't make reservations as it is Thursday evening at 6:30 PM when we decided to go and take our chances. It looked closed from the outside but was extremely crowded when we entered. The bar area was full and there was only a few tables left in the center of the dining room. We were surprised to see such a full restaurant on a weekday night.

Now to the main attraction, the food. The menu was extensive with many different choices. They served us bread that was warm and delicious. Our favorite hard and crispy on the outside and soft and light on the inside. Perfect Italian bread. The wife ordered clams with pasta and marinara tomato sauce called Vongole Veraci. I ordered veal Marsala called Vitello Marsala. That was served with mushrooms over angle hair. Both meals were very good except that my Marsala sauce had too much thickener and was gloppy. This was the only thing that prevented me from giving TR an excellent rating.

I ordered coffee which came in a generous pot which afforded me several serving and was very good. Our server Laura Lee was very efficient and pleasant returning several times to ask if there was more that she can do to,please us. The manager also stopped by to ask if we were pleased. The atmosphere is very elegant with cloth table clothes and napkins.

We have been to many Italian restaurants in our travels and TR is one of the better but not the best in my opinion.

All in all this is a classy place with what I consider moderate pricing. We will return when we are in this area again. The ambiance of TR is similar to Spain which has been our favorite restaurant for all the years that we have visiting Point Judith RI.

Visited June 2014
Austin Texas
“Italian at its best”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

The food was amazing, presentation beautiful, The restaurant was charming. Staff attentive and gracious. Not matter what you ordered it was excellent.

• Visited June 2014
South Kingstown
“Delicious!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We've never had a bad meal here. Food is delicious even with a very large selection from which to choose and the service is wonderful! Best to get a reservation - even then, you may have to wait depending on what time you want to dine. Atmosphere is lovely - a fine dining experience where you can actually hear the people in your party and carry on a conversation - even at a large table (table for 10 anyone?). Would highly recommend!

• Visited May 2014
East Greenwich, RI
“Exquisite”
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

We decided to celebrate Mother's Day on Saturday evening. First time here and was not disappointed. Very nice ambiance. Considerable menu. We ordered, Lasagna Alla Corinna, Canneloni Bolognese Alla Corinna, Cotoletta Di Pollo Alla Parmigiana and one of the specials, Braciole, using thin Black Angus steak. The food was second to none. The service was impeccable. I (we) would highly recommend Trattoria Romana South!

Visited May 2014