“Great for Take-out After a Hot Beach Day”
Review of Rhody Joe's Saloon

Rhody Joe's Saloon
Ranked #47 of 74 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: American, Bar
Description: Rhody Joe's is the best sports bar in South County Rhode Island to watch a game and grab a burger! With 17 Flat Screens and 24 Beers on tap we're sure to have what you're looking for! Known for our award winning Chili's and Chowder, Rhody Joe's menu is full of great food! Check out our Calendar for a full list of upcoming specials and promo's. Rhody Joe's Sports.Bar.Grille of Wakefield, RI.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Every year, going back to when this was called "Chelo's" (it's now Rhody Joe's by Chelo's), we order take out at least once when we visit Narragansett for a week in the summer. This year, we did so three times over five days!

It's got good kid food (sliders, chicken parmesan) and lots of variety for the adults (chicken alfredo, baked scrod).

I've never eaten in the restaurant, always taking it to go, but it's always good.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stopped here after spending a day at a nearby beach in Narragansett, RI. My husband got the chicken alfredo and I had the bourbon tips. They were both amazing. I also had the red clam chowder because unfortunately the regular clam chowder was not gluten free :( Now red clam chowder if you ask me is not clam chowder but it was awesome and delish. there was also a few games for my 4 yr old son to play which was good to keep him busy while we waited. we didn't have to wait very long though. the food was ready pretty quickly and decent prices too! yummy!

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant Rhody Joe's, formally known as Chelo's, restaurant has become an excellent sports bar. Multiple televisions for viewing sporting events. Food was very good, of course somewhat greasy as one would expect any sports bar but the quality was good and the service was excellent

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Ate here for dinner and the food was average to just above average. The burgers were good, and so were the appetizers. The drinks were OK. Not consistent from day to day, it probably depends on who is making them which means they don't have a standard.

Our waiter was awful. He could've just been waiting on friends for all you could tell. He seemingly forgot what type of fries we ordered with each dinner, and came back before dinner came out to ask us which we had wanted with what again. We were also clearly his last table. We finished eating and got our boxes, he comes back to the table "Oh, what's that, I overheard you guys talking that you wanted dessert?". No, not quite. He promptly brought us our check and no soonder did we cash out, he had his coat on and was running out the door.

Also, the booth next to us was filled with employees lounging/eating/drinking on/off shift and watching the football game that was on. I can understand popping out to check the score, but this seemed obnoxious and the manager OK with it. I don't understand why a manager would want to take up bar booth space for employees. Other restaurants I've eaten at, employees typically do this much out of sight of the customer.

This place, while the food was decent, probably won't be getting another visit from me. The service/atmosphere just didn't cut it for me.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

The food was mediocre, and the atmosphere was far from our style. The place was loud, and the tables were made of what seemed like stainless steel. The whole time I was there I had the feeling like at anytime someone could come over and drop a motor cycle engine at our table and begin to work on it.

I can remember there use to be a nice restaurant here years ago called the '108 House'... Shame it's gone now.

3  Thank Timothy G