“ehh not my fave”

El Fuego
Ranked #12 of 75 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I did not like the burritos. The salsa and guac were just bitter and not that great. I honestly will never go back. No thanks!

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Clean, pleasant atmosphere, nice staff, good variety, easy to find and decent food. The tacos were slightly dry and most menu choices were fairly generic but there were a lot of hot sauce choices to add spice, heat and flavor as desired. Cool place, we will go again next time we are in RI.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I heard about the Inferno taco challenge and just had to try it myself. When our party arrived we found the line to be out the door. I was warned that it was not a joke by the staff and signed a waiver to participate. I was seriously unimpressed with the heat which supposedly had ghost peppers, habaneros, and a mixture of assorted. I managed to eat the five tacos in less than five minutes, didn't break a sweat, and never touched my drink. I would compare the soft tacos to the Taco Bell box of tacos that you would pick up at the grocery store. I did receive my Inferno challenge t-shirt but was not given a refund on my meal as advertised. I'm sorry El Fuego, but next time bring the heat.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Ordered the Cali..a steak,French fries, guacamole burrito...amazing, also ordered the buffalo chicken..very spicy...delicious, orders came with chips and salsa. The servings were large, probably could have split one

1  Thank Paula D
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The burrito doesn't compare favorably or even come close to Chipotle's,
The fish taco was mediocre.
The chips were good but we were not impressed with the salsa. The guacamole was good though.