“Nice dinner”

Dining options: Reservations
Kelso, Washington
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Older building, simple decor. Food on the other hand was very good. Salad was fair, the meal was great. I had the fillet mignon flambé with green beans, some kind of beet dish and Boulanger potatoes. Paired with a nice Merlot. The restaurant was busy so a reservation is best. The meal was $30 a pop but to me it was worth it. Service was excellent.

1 Thank Darsik1

Newport, Rhode Island
“Old decor with tried and true menu”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The Moulin has not changed it's interior for years, it isn't a bad thing. The quality continues now as it has in the past with some great changes regarding specials. Entrees are complete with multiple vegetables and a starch. The prices are competitive with other restaurants with a similar style.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank steve f
“Food is out of this world but I feel like I'm at my grandma's cottage...”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

The food is my favorite... Every bite my eyes roll into the back of my head out of pure euphoria! The food is amazing!!! The atmosphere... Ugh. It's too much like home. I suggest requesting seating in the very back of the house to the left. All though... The wait staff does have a station there and if napkins are being folded , you'll hear all of them chatting... The food keeps me coming back but the prices don 't match the atmosphere.

• Visited June 2013
massachusetts
“Nothing to Complain About”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We dine at The Moulin Rouge every now and then when we receive a gift certificate. The food quality, and the service from the waitstaff is always top notch. The food is excellent, and the prices reasonable. We really should frequent this wonderful restaurant more often!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Scooter105
Olympia, Washington
“Mediocre food at an inflated price”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Six of us ate at the Moulin Rouge on a Thursday night. It was good we were able to get in. The servers were good but not great, certainly not the caliber this restaurant would like. The food was wonderful in the reading, but not so wonderful in the tasting. Yes, the menu was accurate. No, the flavors just weren’t there.
Of the 6 meals, the rack of lamb came closest to being good. However, it was overcooked and served medium-well. Personally, I believe medium-well rack of lamb to be a cardinal sin. Two of us had the sautéed lobster. It was a tasteless mess served in a bowl with bad bread crumbs on top. It was soggy and overly buttered. The scallops were breaded and deep fried at too low a temperature and were soaked in oil. The scallops had no taste. I would never consider eating there again.

• Visited January 2013