“Love it”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Four Corners Grille is a treat. My personal favorite is the fish and chips, but they have great sandwiches and a variety of other choices. Something for everyone. Special board always has some wonderful entree on it. Atmosphere is cozy, casual and a step back in time. Staff is terrific. You can't go wrong stopping at the Grille.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Four corners Grille is a great place to stop in for dinner or lunch. Nice menu, good service. They also do take out, which is nice. I would recommend it to a friend.

2  Thank happytravlerR_i_
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I ventured out on Saturday night during a terrible rain storm. We had received a gift certificate for this establishment. I'm so glad we did. The food,service and ambiance is wonderful! Oh! The clam chowder is the best we ever had and we have had many. We will be back. This was one of the best meals we've had in a long time. I brought a clam chowder home for my mother to try and she said it was the best shes ever had. Believe me you won't be disappointed. To think, we don't live that far from this place and had never tried it before. GO!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I love walking inside- expecting to buy some penny candy at the old counter, but seeing items for "a pretty penny" instead. This is Audi and Mercedes territory and my 320i fit nicely in the small parking area. The exterior is fishing shack retro framed nearby with pricey specialty shops, historic homes and at the next left down yonder, an old ice cream store (Gray's ) worthy of the(great) depression era and greater homemade ice cream. But down home locals eat here, too.

I love walking in here.Reminds me of a 1930's movie absent the proprietor in rolled-up sleeves and an apron around his waist. An old counter first viewed would seem to contain penny candy; but the various items in jars actually cost "a pretty penny." We are quickly ushered into the sparse dining area and seated at really heavy big solid chairs. This hefty man is liking the place already.Nothing sissy or girly here. Yet my companion has no complaints. I try the Calamari appetizer. Good choice. Nothing can make squid tender, but it can be cut into tiny bites, breaded nicely, and coddled in pepper rings, as this dish is. Enough to box the rest at the end.
I drink ginger ale with a whole lime sliced and squeezed in. Server not prepared for this, but rallies nicely. My companion opines she is too "wound up." In fairness, it is youth, it is fast and it wants a tip for trying to please through a generation gap. Lobster bisque very good, but has to be (re) heated. Her creamy clam chowder satisfies as does the tuna melt entree. I have the fish roll- a nice piece of locally caught scrod, fried lightly. The roll? Just ordinary. Nice cole slaw and beer-battered fries. We skip dessert but a heated apple tart thing heated and served with ice cream sounds good. I take black coffee to go for our continued travel. The coffee is excellent. Outside there are specialty shops, historic homes dotted about, and a smattering of locals. Mostly it is us, spending more and pampering our BMW's, Audis and Mercedes to enjoy these back roads . We are on "Main" road, a misnomer of sorts, but looking "Main" vs. other roads off it. Four Corners Grille is very good, and worth another visit. Perhaps too costly for some palates.

Almost nothing too "casual" at the Grille. Our server too jazzed up for my companion's taste; perhaps a college student trying too hard.

1  Thank pal533
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We came in around 2pm and enjoyed both the quiet and the public restroom. The staff was super friendly and the food was quick and generously portioned. We tried the whole bellied clam sandwich, the coleslaw, the fries, the vegetarian Reuben, and the lentil soup. The soup was salty but perfectly so. The Reuben was marbled toast with butter on the outside, cheese, sauerkraut, and tomatoes on the inside, like a savory grilled cheese. This was not a combination that I'd seen or tried before but it was delicious. The fries had an extra layer of batter that gave them more crunch. Probably not to the betterment of their caloric count, but mmm! The coleslaw was sweet and mild with a good crunch. Nothing fancy, but exactly what I’d hoped for. The interior was a nice combination of brunch stop and wide planked old building. They had a decent selection of desserts which we had no room for trying. Absolutely worth it.