“It's 2160 main road, not 2610. Food is ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Black Goose Cafe

Black Goose Cafe
Ranked #8 of 36 Restaurants in Tiverton
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Barrington, Rhode Island
“It's 2160 main road, not 2610. Food is ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

The choice of food in this area is limited as Tiverton and Little Compton are small towns with a lot of out of staters vacationing here.

I got the stonebridge sandwich, a roasted red pepper recipe you usually see with grilled chicken with roast beef. Not that great.

The harvest salad according to my wife was fantastic.

I think for the location, you don't have much of a choice and this wouldn't be a bad choice. I wouldn't drive all the way down here to try it (that's what we did). It's not THAT good.

• Visited May 2013

Rhode Island
“Great place for gluten-free diners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

My 1st and 2nd visits to the Black Goose Cafe on Main St in Tiverton were within two days - for lunch with friends on Friday and then back for Mother's Day brunch. This small, casual restaurant has a nice view overlooking Nannaquaket Pond. The food is great (mostly sandwiches & salads) and reasonably priced. My friend who is on a gluten-free diet was delighted to discover sandwiches with gluten-free bread and homemade Turkey Chili free of gluten. The desserts on Mother's Day were heavenly: Blueberry Pie, Key Lime Square, Chocolate Mousse Square and Baklava!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank AprMay22
Massachusetts
“Favorite place for lunch in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

My husband and I love to go to this place for lunch. The sandwiches are different and delicious. The Et Tu Brute is my favorite...it's a take on a chicken ceasar salad sandwich but on the most delectable bread and with shaved cheese. It truly is to die for. I must admit, I do not stray from it, but my husband will and he is always happy. This is not a couples place, I just happen to go with him often because we both love it. Great place for friends to meet. You order at the counter and they bring you your sandwich...so not a place if you want someone waiting on you. There is also a little patio which is perfect in the nice weather, by the patio... Potato salad, pasta salad or coleslaw comes with the sandwich..depending on what they made that day. All wonderful, but my favorite is the pasta salad. Because of the casualness, it also seems a place someone dining along would feel very much at ease. Try this place - you will not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Scooby850
Fall River, Massachusetts
“Great food and beautiful location!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Love to go the The Black Goose. My favorite sandwich is the Godfather. A panini with ham, pepperoni, salami and a spicy sauce. Love it!!! Also have had their Greek dishes and never been disappointed. When the weather is warm we love to sit out on the deck and enjoy a few adult beverage! ;-) I recommend stopping by and trying them out.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Alex L
“Nice scenery, good eats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I go by tiverton every now and again for business. Whenever I do I make sure to stop by The Black Goose for lunch and a couple of beers. The food is great and the waitstaff are always kind. I would highly recommend them. I occasionally also bring home food for my wife, and she loves the good.

• Visited March 2013

Been to Black Goose Cafe? Share your experiences!