“One of the top five Ice Cream Icons in New England”
Review of Gray's Ice Cream

Gray's Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Tiverton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Just the drive out there is worth the trip. I am from New England and have visited many ice cream stands in my day. I first visited Gray's when I was 10 with my family in our Chevy with running boards. It became "the place" in my teens and when in the area I still drive out for a taste. It still has the best ice cream in the area and still has the charm of old. What else can one say, it's the BEST.

There are newer reviews for Gray's Ice Cream

Reviewed December 28, 2011

Grays is a must when visitng LC - its open year round, 365 days of the year and a great spot to grab a tasty treat on your way out of Town. My personal favorites are Oreo, Pumpkin (during the holidays) and coconut!

Reviewed August 9, 2011

Gray's Ice Cream has always held an exalted place in my fondest food memories. I have traveled the globe and lived in Cambridge at the height of the Steve Herrell days and never found an ice cream cone better than the Gray's orange pineapple ice cream. The only time I even found anything close to that quality and flavor was in Saugatuck MI. Whenever I am in the area, I visit Gray's to re-experience that flavor; I never deviate from orange pineapple. This year, I brought my 5 year old and she ordered strawberry, of all things. I tasted hers and it was awful -- a strong artificial strawberry taste -- inedible. That taste threw my own enjoyment of orange pineapple into a tailspin -- does it taste artificial?? I have been rocked to the core - although I still did enjoy my cone!

Reviewed July 8, 2011

Gray's was my great-grandfather's favorite ice cream stand, and it's mine too. It's a family tradition. He liked the rum raisin best, while his daughter loved frozen pudding. My mother gets the grapenut, but my favorite is peppermint stick...then peanut butter, then pistachio, then coffee, then rum raisin, then butterscotch. One of my great aunts, who'd be 111 if she were still alive, also loved the rum raisin. The ice cream at Gray's is so good that we remember family members' favorite flavors dating back 60 and even 80 years! I don't know how better to recommend it.

Reviewed December 24, 2009

If you miss this icon you can't say you were here! Great ice cream flavors and terxture. Occasionally served a little too soft. It would be great if they had some benches or picnic tables. My only coomplaint is that they keep their two "atmosphere" cows in a very muddy undrained little pasture. I ignore that and eat the ice cream! (No rest rooms.)

1  Thank KirD