The Kings' Rose
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$110
Hampton Inn South Kingstown - Newport Area(South Kingstown)(Great Value!)
$152
$76
Orbitz.com
The Break(Narragansett)(Great Value!)
$252
Phil and Anns Sunset Motel(Charlestown)(Great Value!)
$95
$80
$475
The Surfside Motel(Charlestown)
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stayed here for five days for a reunion.....and had an excellent time. Barbara (even with her quirks) was friendly, outgoing, and gave an excellent breakfast. The house is wonderful and quiet and her dogs are cute and nice. I would recommend this B & B for everyone.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed at The King's Rose almost a year ago with our Standard Poodle and really enjoyed our stay very much. I meant to write a review shortly after our stay, but "life got in the way" and it took me till now to get to it. However, I think that helps to make the point to let folks who rely on reviews know that this place was worth posting a review, even a year late! Barbara was a great, a friendly and very accommodating innkeeper. The grounds at the Inn are beautiful and promote relaxation. The house and rooms were immaculate and we thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast Barbara cooked for us in the morning. We would definitely stay there again without question. Thank you, Barbara.

Room Tip: The only reason I checked "very good" for sleep quality instead of excellent was that our dog took up a lot of room in the double bed. So... if you have a dog with you, see if you can get a room with a larger bed or don't allow the dog to sleep with you. Enjoy!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peggy C
Reviewed September 19, 2011

While on a visit to my daughter, who is a student at URI, I called around on a Sunday afternoon to find a place to stay. Barbara, the innkeeper, asked if I'd mind giving her 20 minutes to make up a room, which sounded very reasonable. I found the keys to my room waiting when I arrived. Barbara came upstairs with me at my request to show me around and offered me a glass of wine. I had room #3 which was cozy, with a very soft bed that I thoroughly enjoyed. The weather was cool, so A/C was not needed. In the morning, the two other guests and I wanted to meet the household dogs, so they were allowed into the dining room and were well-mannered Corgis. It was a nice homelike touch for me. Breakfast, cooked to order, was pancakes, with eggs, oatmeal and French toast also offered. After stepping out for an hour, I returned at 11:30 AM, and asked if Barbara would consider letting me stay another hour for a nap before driving home. She said, very graciously, "Please take your time, no one else is using the room later." I really appreciated this, as I certainly would have understood if she wanted to keep to the prearranged checkout, and stayed longer for a much-needed rest. We had a very pleasant chat, having shared career interests. I would gladly recommend this inn to my friends, and of special note is that cats can be accommodated, not always an easy thing to arrange. My only negative is that there aren't any rooms on the first floor, which I would prefer, having some difficulty with stairs, but the many positives and very reasonable price more than made up for that.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank drmarla
Reviewed August 2, 2011

It looked a bit creepy when we pulled to the parking lot at 10 PM, my husband even mentioned that's how most of American horror movies begin :-) , but we were pleasantly surprised. Old fashion decor, beautiful garden, very friendly owner. Definitely will stay there again if we happen to be in the area. A bit too hot downstairs, there is no AC on the first floor, but rooms upstairs are fine.

Room Tip: took room 1 and 2 - both great. #1 has 2 rooms. Clean, both have some nice books for you to read.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank lostcatnyc
Reviewed November 24, 2010

We stayed 5 nights and 2 nights as our daughter is an International Exchange student at URI. Having read reviews of 2008 I don't know why they were so hostile. We found Barbara to be chatty and accessable at all times (They must have missed seeing the doorbell on her door) And breakfast was a treat and always prompt, at the time we wanted it and certainly filling, setting us up for the day. She was soooo accomodating with our check in times (midnight the 1st time) We have rated her as excellent as it was such a clean and comfortable B&B (no bad aromas at all). You wouldn't realise it but she does everything herself, so we were very impressed with everything. The corgis were so friendly and adoring and not noisy at all. Our only slight problem was a squeaky bed so you know what wasn't on the menu! (be warned if you're in room No. 2)

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple