The Kings' Rose
$153
$145
Hampton Inn South Kingstown - Newport Area(South Kingstown)(Great Value!)
$199
$111
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 24, 2010

We stayed 5 nights and 2 nights as our daughter is an International Exchange student at URI. Having read reviews of 2008 I don't know why they were so hostile. We found Barbara to be chatty and accessable at all times (They must have missed seeing the doorbell on her door) And breakfast was a treat and always prompt, at the time we wanted it and certainly filling, setting us up for the day. She was soooo accomodating with our check in times (midnight the 1st time) We have rated her as excellent as it was such a clean and comfortable B&B (no bad aromas at all). You wouldn't realise it but she does everything herself, so we were very impressed with everything. The corgis were so friendly and adoring and not noisy at all. Our only slight problem was a squeaky bed so you know what wasn't on the menu! (be warned if you're in room No. 2)

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ajacks53
Reviewed August 8, 2010

My husband, myself and my adult daughter were looking for a place to stay for two nights, near to the beaches and Newport and Narragansett. I happened on this place after making several attempts at finding a place to no avail. We found Barbara, the innkeeper to be a very pleasant and intelligent person, very willing to please. The Inn was a lovely old house with some public spaces and very nice bedrooms and bathrooms. Everything was clean and attractive. Breakfast was very nice..french toast, eggs, any way you like them, fruit , sausage, bacon...oatmeal. What more could you want? Having lost her husband a few years ago Barbara, run s the place by herself. She does a good job. She is not a gregarious type..but certainly friendly..and very helpful.The place, the gardens etc. take a lot of maintenance and one could clearly see she is doing the best she can to keep it all going. The gardens would take a full time person to properly maintain. They are just lovely as they are...sort of a secret garden with a small pond and running water with a rose arbor and benches....lovely and peaceful. There was a slight odor of cats downstairs...we did not find this so terribly offensive as did the other poster. The prices were more than fair, a bargain actually and the place lovely, comfortable and well located. The innkeeper very bright and attentive. What more could you ask....go!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank coldshy
Reviewed May 22, 2010

My wife & I (both natives of Pittsburgh, PA) needed a place to stay with our pup. This place is VERY charming and accommodating. However, we would not recommend this to anyone on a business trip; if you're in a hurry looking and for prompt service look elsewhere. But if you're in the area and need a great, cozy place to stay, The King's Rose is truly wonderful; we highly recommend it. Very reasonably priced, too. We loved it so much we're going back again next month (with our pup, of course)! : )

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MahrsMusic
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Kings Rose has the potential to be a lot better than it is: it is a charming old house (inn?) and the surrounding garden is attractive.

The hostess was nowhere to be seen when I arrived and I had to yoohoo around for quite a while before she appeared. I asked for directions to The Towers in Narragansett and it took far too long to produce them, and even then they were not accurate or complete. I had a feeling she couldn't be bothered.

The foul odor when one enters the house is a huge problem, and if I hadn't been so pressed for time I would have looked for another place to stay. The room was comfortable, as was the bed, but the A/C could not be regulated, and blew over the bed all night, giving me a restless night's sleep.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank williambronx
Reviewed December 19, 2008

I wasn't moved to post my middling response to this place until they just ran through the charge 4 months after we'd stayed there. of course I wasn't expecting it and now my account balance is below the required amount, meaning that in addition to $200 for a single night of eerie quiet in an attractive Victorian, and a passable breakfast with not a lick of hospitability, 5 more bucks go to my bank.

anyway, while I'm here, my four-month-old complaints: the nighttime fun we had in narragansett was happenstance and hardly due to the recommendations of the one innkeeper we ever saw--because she gave us no recommendations. not good. the rooms, however, were tremendously charming, our bathroom and bathrobes capacious and warm.

Stayed: August 2008