“O.M.G.!!!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Oh man, can I live here??!!?!
EVERYTHING we ordered here was amazing. Hubby and I came on a Sunday afternoon around 3:30, which seemed to be a good time as it was busy but not totally packed, and we were able to get seated inside right away. We ordered a dozen assorted oysters - fresh and perfect, with nary a grain of sand to be found. Only minor complaint is the oysters on this particular day were on the small side, but not a big deal - I mean how can you complain when the guy farms them himself?! We then ordered a few apps to split, instead of getting entrees, and this turned out to be a great choice. We each ordered a stuffie (perfect), and then split an order of calamari and the littleneck clams w/chourico. The calamari was perfect, tossed with capers, cherry peppers and just enough aioli sauce - yum.
But the littlenecks were the star of the show. I told my husband I could eat this dish every day for the rest of my life and not get sick of it. They come in a garlicky white wine sauce with chourico, tomatoes and white beans - the perfect sauce for scooping up with the clams - and a couple pieces of grilled baguette for dipping. The chourico was just right, not too spicy, not too mild, so as to add some flavor without overpowering the delicious, fresh clams. We practically licked the bowl clean!
The prices were surprisingly reasonable considering the quality and quantity of the food. They have a great array of starters, sandwiches and entrees, so there's something for everyone and in a variety of budgets. Nice wine selection and a good number of draft beers. Waitstaff was excellent. Location is gorgeous. They need more parking because they are so popular, but they handled it well by offering free valet so that they could squeeze more cars into their lot.
Can't wait to go back and try more of their food!!

There are newer reviews for Matunuck Oyster Bar

Reviewed June 23, 2014

With the sea not too far away, how can you not stop here? Busy, busy restaurant, delicious and well prepared food, outdoor bar, wait staff very good. I love sitting outside here, very comfortable even when it is Sept, Oct, early spring. My favorite chowder is the clear chowder, so hard to find--it is here and very tasty! My husband always orders an assortment of oysters. Every time we eat here we try something new and have not been disappointed. Off season not as hectic as summer. One of my favorite New England restaurants.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Once again, our experience was wonderful! Arrived at around 4:30 on a Saturday. It was busy, but you know if you can pull right up to the free valet service it isn't "that busy". Could have sat immediately down inside but decided to wait the 20 minutes for outside seating. A waitress came by promptly and we had cold beverages and a beautiful view of the tide coming in to Potter's Pond. In about 15 minutes we were seated overlooking the water on the back deck. I started with 3 Potter Pond oysters and the littleneck clams and chourico appetizer. Absolutely delicious! They oysters come with lemon, cocktail sauce, vinegar and lemon (horseradish upon request). For my entree I had the potato encrusted cod which was cooked perfectly. The wait staff was strong as they always are, I mean always. This is why I go here at least 4 times during the summer. Heck, one of the couples in are group went 11 times last year!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I love Matunick Oyster Bar! The Oysters are are farmed on the property, can't get any fresher! The chowder is thick and creamy and loaded with clams. The lobster roll is the best around and fairly priced. You may have a wait but grab a drink on the deck and enjoy the view. The frozen key lime pie on a stick, dipped in white chocolate to die for!

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

The food was fantastic, Ored the clams casino, the best I have had and I grew up on seafood, Wait staff was excellent. The owner even stopped at our table to make sure we were happy,