“Clear Chowdah!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2014

With the sea not too far away, how can you not stop here? Busy, busy restaurant, delicious and well prepared food, outdoor bar, wait staff very good. I love sitting outside here, very comfortable even when it is Sept, Oct, early spring. My favorite chowder is the clear chowder, so hard to find--it is here and very tasty! My husband always orders an assortment of oysters. Every time we eat here we try something new and have not been disappointed. Off season not as hectic as summer. One of my favorite New England restaurants.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,155)

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Once again, our experience was wonderful! Arrived at around 4:30 on a Saturday. It was busy, but you know if you can pull right up to the free valet service it isn't "that busy". Could have sat immediately down inside but decided to wait the 20 minutes for outside seating. A waitress came by promptly and we had cold beverages and a beautiful view of the tide coming in to Potter's Pond. In about 15 minutes we were seated overlooking the water on the back deck. I started with 3 Potter Pond oysters and the littleneck clams and chourico appetizer. Absolutely delicious! They oysters come with lemon, cocktail sauce, vinegar and lemon (horseradish upon request). For my entree I had the potato encrusted cod which was cooked perfectly. The wait staff was strong as they always are, I mean always. This is why I go here at least 4 times during the summer. Heck, one of the couples in are group went 11 times last year!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I love Matunick Oyster Bar! The Oysters are are farmed on the property, can't get any fresher! The chowder is thick and creamy and loaded with clams. The lobster roll is the best around and fairly priced. You may have a wait but grab a drink on the deck and enjoy the view. The frozen key lime pie on a stick, dipped in white chocolate to die for!

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

The food was fantastic, Ored the clams casino, the best I have had and I grew up on seafood, Wait staff was excellent. The owner even stopped at our table to make sure we were happy,

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were meeting a family member here as it was half way for us both. Neither of us had been here before and at first were taken aback my valet parking but managed to find a non valet parking space!

We were early so sat and drank a lovely local draft beer while waiting for our family to arrive. As we are members of CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) in the UK we really did love the beer that was served.

Service was excellent, water always topped up and all the food was really lovely. It is always a treat to have lobster so I had the lobster salad and before that moules. The others had oysters and said they were excellent then lobster and clams with linguini. A very good location by the water where we sat outside which was yet another treat.
I really hope we can visit again on our next visit to Rhode Island in the Autumn.

1  Thank joodeoxfordshire