“Outstanding!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Everything was exceptional from the shrimp and oysters at the bar through the salads, salmon and specialty desserts. View was one of a kind. Staff was friendly and fun. The owner came by and checked on us and our meal. No lines in winter on an off night! It was perfect!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,163)

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I had reservations for New Years Eve dinner. There was complimentary bubbly and complimentary oysters before we even saw the menu. It was a 4 course meal with 3 choices each course. The food--each course--was exceptional!! The service was excellent!! And Perry, owner, made a point to visit all his guests. All in all, a wonderful way to spend the last day of the year. We had a 7:30 seating, so we were home by 10pm. A huge plus--very reasonably priced.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

It is the Best regardless of the Season. The Oyster are fresh and farmed locally. Try the sampler a perfect dozen of the finest. The Fish & Chips are outstanding along with the swordfish and Fried Clams.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great "date" or "with parents" destination. Prepare to get a glass of wine and sit outside while waiting as they don't take reservations. Lobster roll is stuffed to the brim. Even has good options for those who don't like seafood, including beet and goat cheese salad (my favorite!).

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We haven't been out for New Year's Eve in ages, but when I saw the menu for the night at Matunuck Oyster Bar I said we are doing it! We are very glad we did. It was a lovely night, lovely service, lovely dinner and we thought it very reasonable. It has become my favorite restaurant and now I know I won't be going there just in the summer, warmer months. It was so warm by the glow of the heaters. The complimentary champagne and oysters were delicious and the wine pairing with our dinner was perfect.