“Great Rhode Island shore food”

Matunuck Oyster Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Great Rhode Island shore food”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Really good food in a casual spot with a water view! Everyone knows how good the food is so you will find quite a crowd at peak hours. Fresh fish and local veggies put this meal over the top!

• Visited February 2013

Hartford, CT
“Delicious Food, Good Service, Highly recommend”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We went to Matunuck Oyster Bar at the recommendation of an aquaintance. We went for lunch on a Friday. The outdoor deck was full and instead of waiting we were seatted immediately indoors in the rear room with a great view facing the water. I had cucumber gazpacho soup (5.95) wish was well-prepared and tasty. My friend had a caesar salad with fried oysters. The fried oysters were very good, but I felt for an appetizer of moderate size the price was a bit high (17.95). For shared two main dishes -- the grilled tuna special and the seared scallops. Both were outstanding. We ordered the tuna rare and my friend loved it as is. I sent mine back to be cooked a bit more. It was delicious and moist. Fresh vegetables on the side were wonderful. The scallops were large and delicous. We were very pleased with our meal. Kendell, our server, was very pleasant. The parking is a problem. I dont think there is a need for valet parking, but it seems they do it to squeeze in every car possible.

Visited August 2013
West Orange, New Jersey
“New England Seafood at its Best”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We ate two meals here and loved both of them. It's a bit pricey, but the seafood is very fresh and prepared really well. The menu features a lot of very classic New England dishes like lobster rolls, raw oysters, and at least 2 different kinds of clam chowder. There are also some italian inspired dishes like fried calamari with hot banana peppers and clams in linguini. A must try are the fresh oysters. They grow their own oysters locally on their oyster farm, with 4 different varieties to choose from, and they are all crisp and briny.

• Visited July 2013
Westfield, Massachusetts
“Loved it, great place.”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We went around 4pm and it was not too crowded yet. The valet took out car but we went back out to ask him if this was the shack we remembered seeing years before. He says it was redone years ago. It was wonderful. It is both classy but casual as well. The atmosphere is very relaxed and it was so fun watching the young men shucking oysters at the oyster bar. I had the greatest entree: sea bass with lobster and mussels with a red curry sauce. It was fantastic, the seafood was all cooked very well and my husband commented that he has never had such a tender mussel. He had fried oysters which he felt were a bit overdone so he was disappointed especially after trying my meal. My daughter had the steak which she thought was great. All the dishes I saw on adjacent tables all looked so good. The prices are about 20 on average and worth every penny. There are less expensive items as well. These meals do not come with anything, no salad, no bread. I would return here in a heartbeat and look forward to trying their scallop dish next time.

• Visited July 2013
Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Great fresh oysters and seafood”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The parking is horrible- there is not enough space for the amount of people that want to eat there. It's always busy and very pricey, but the food is excellent!

I love the oysters and the stuffie was very good, Sometimes they have $1 oysters from 4-6 pm Mon-Thur (call and ask- that may have been an out of season special). Very packed inside which I don't care for, but we always return.

Entrees are between $16-25, shrimp cocktail sold individually for $3.50 , oysters and clams are $1.75- $1.85, and all steamed lobster dishes are market price. Seafood assortments (clams, oysters, shrimp are $40.95) Add drinks or an appetizer and you can see how it adds up.

But the food is definitely worth it!!! Great service and the manager is always walking through and talking to the guests.
Highly recommend!!