“Our waitress "the new owner" treated us poorly...very rude!”

Pleasant View Inn Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 73 Restaurants in Smithfield
North Carolina Coast, North Carolina
“Our waitress "the new owner" treated us poorly...very rude!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Our family has been eating here for years and have never had a bad waitress until two days ago. We were completely ignored and even looked down upon from the new owner who happened to be our waitress. The four of us are still trying to figure out why she was so rude that night. The rest of the staff are fantastic but if you happened to get Laura the owner as your waitress...BEWARE. I miss Mike!
Ps. The meals no longer are consistently good as they had been in the past either. Hit or Miss...and prices seem to be on the rise.

Rhode Island
“Renamed Laura's Pleasant View Diner”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Very good prices for large servings, fast service and good food. Breakfast has favorite waffles and pancakes, but my favorites are the omlettes. I love that I can exchange hash browns (which are good if I take some of my husbands) for fresh fruit. Specials range from linguini and cla, sauce to turkey dinner to fish and chips. All are good. Caters to the "over 50" crowd.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank rhodysmiles
Smithfield, Rhode Island
“Best kept secret breakfast in northern Rhode Island”
Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

Hands down best breakfast spot. I go there whenever I can for breakfast. Food is very inexpensive and portion size is HUGE! My favorite is a coffee with The Hungry Man. Fantastic dish and leave incredibly full. Only downside is they only accept cash, but I imagine that's what keeps prices so low. Check it out. You won't be dissapointed.

4 Thank shawnriv
Smithfield, Rhode Island
“Pleasant View Diner is great diner food at great prices!”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Not feeling much like cooking tonight? Pleasant View Diner is the place to go for a filling meal that you can't even make at home for the prices that they charge. They have different specials every night that range from a full turkey dinner(turkey,stuffing, mashed with gravy and a vegetable) to corned beef and cabbage - and usually the price is $5.99 - why cook? The staff are all so sweet and fun that it really makes for a nice meal. Since they have such a varied menu, from breakfast served all day, sandwiches, and dinners, its easy to find something for everyone without breaking the bank.

• Visited February 2012