“Gem of Smithfield!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of D Carlo - CLOSED

D Carlo
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Authentic and Innovative Italian Cuisine. Since 2005, Tavolo has been serving authentic and innovative Italian cuisine along with grilled steaks, seafood and hand crafted desserts. Since 2005, with an amazing team of Chefs and energetic onsite owners, Tavolo is well known for the quality of its classic Italian dishes as well as creative and exciting specials. Big City dining without the big City prices.
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Gem of Smithfield!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Don't listen to the poor reviewer ... I've been coming here for a long time and they are fantastic! Lots of business lunches here! Love the risotto balls!

Providence, Rhode Island, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It may be in the suburbs but it has the sophistication of a city bistro!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

The service is just the right combination of confident and friendly. They can accomodate big groups with little notice. They have enough of a portion size for most appetites. They vary their menu from season to season. The atmosphere doesn't scream for attention. The creative menu lends enough edginess for more adventurous palates, while enough basics for the more traditional taste buds.

• Visited July 2012
Providence, Rhode Island
“Consistently good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

D Carlo is a favorite restuarant of my coworkers and I and it always keeps us satisfied. The have great lunch options which are light and healthy, as well as filling dinner options if you're looking for larger portions. The food is always very fresh and cooked to perfection. The best part about D Carlo, however, is their philosophy of cooking. The chef always sticks to Italian staples and doesn't try to complicate it with the frills of a chic restaurant--but everything that comes out of the kitchen is savorey and delicious. This is definitely a must-try for those looking for a quality dining experience in Smithfield.

• Visited January 2012
N. Providence
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Make dinner reservation or be ready to play beat the clock”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

Our family at the last minute decided to eat out so we visited this local Italian restaurant. Upon checking in at around 6:30, the Hostess asked us if we had reservations. We said no and expected to wait. She looked at her seating chart and said, “I have only one table and I can give it to you, but you can only have it for an hour because I have a reservation for 7:30. Will that be ok? Can you do that?"

My husband and I exchanged looks and he said, "Well it depends, we will do our best but we can't control how fast you serve us."

She hesitated and seemed unsure if she should give us the table and risk it. So my husband asked, "What happens if we run out of time?" The other person waiting behind the desk tried to suppress a laugh and said, "I am sure we can give you five or ten minutes in case that happens."

I chimed in, "As you can see, we have two kids and the last thing we want to do is be here any longer than we need to."

So we all agreed to give it a go and we were seated. Our server quickly came over, introduced himself and took our drink order. He was only gone a few minutes when a lovely lady came over and introduced herself as our server and asked us for our drink order.

My husband and I looked at each other confused and I told the waitress "that nice man over there said he was our waiter and already took our drink order."

The waitress explained that, "he's my partner and sometimes does that, we help each other."

I said," I understand, but we are beginning to worry that we aren't going to have enough time to eat our dinner. You see, we were told by the hostess that we only have an hour before we are going to be evicted from the table for another reservation.“ The waitress looked shocked. She re-assured us that everything will be alright and it was. The food was really good and our servers were really nice. Somehow we were out by 7:17.

My husband and I gave each other a high five as we left the restaurant.

Bottom Line: Hostess needs training on how to manage reservations and seating without putting customers off. Since there was no wait when we arrived nor when we left, we suspect that she gave us a time limit because we had children with us. Also, our table was the closest one to the kitchen and we can't imagine anyone wanting to reserve this one when there are so many other nicer places to sit.

• Visited April 2012
Fall River, Massachusetts
“A unique twist on Italian Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

We visited D Carlo Trattoria for dinner with another couple on a Saturday night. We waited at he bar for a table for about 20 minutes before being seated, not too bad for a busy Saturday night. We had all been once before and recalled enjoying our meals but it had been a while. Though situated in something of a strip mall, D Carlo is very nicely decorated with muted tones and linen on the table, pretty fancy in fact. The menu runs through all of your Italian favorites but most have a unique twist. I ordered one of two specials for the evening, Pan Seared Sea Scallops with Gnocchi, my wife had the Papardelle pasta tossed with Pulled Braised Rabbit and a Duck Confit sausage. Our friends had the Chicken Marsala and the Braised Short Ribs. I must say that there were no leftovers to bring home. Not a cheap night out ($112.00 with drinks), dinner entrees range from $17.00 for Chicken Parmesan to $30.00 for the Grilled Sirloin Steak. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals and will add D Carlo to our list of favorites.

• Visited March 2012