“You've been warned...”

Dining options: Reservations
Providence, Rhode Island
“You've been warned...”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My family and I went to Box Seats in Smithfield over a year ago. I never posted a review but then my sister went recently and told me what a horrible meal they had so I decided I had to post. My family of 5 got there a little on the later side (7:30 - 8pm ish) on a weeknight. We were seated at a comfortable booth and there were maybe 3 other parties in the restaurant and a few folks at the bar. We ordered our meals and the waitress invited us to have some soup at their self service soup station. The soup was water with a few vegetables. Not good. We ordered mozzarella sticks and when they were served (7 of them), they were still frozen inside. We alerted the waitress who took them away (one of them had been eaten). When she came back, she brought back 6 sticks (which I thought was odd) that were appropriately cooked. We were charged full price for these... Bizarre!!! Our meal was unremarkable, the service was ok and I have no reason ever to go back. There are too many good, quality restaurants in Smithfield to spend any time at this one.

• Visited May 2011

Providence, RI
“Fun place for lunch”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Good choices for lunch- great service. Love the sports theme.

1 Thank majcc4
Woonsocket, Rhode Island
“Not worth the trip.”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Service was slow & food was overcooked. This has happened
@ both locations so I guess you'd say they're consistent.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank LilyP2011
rhode island
“Poor quality food & service.”
Reviewed February 17, 2010

I arrived here for a lunch time meal with a client. The service was lacking any personal touch. The waitress only had to wait three tables when we arrived. When we were served, she never returned to ask "How was everything and if we needed anything else", even after giving us the check. The meal we had was a disappointment in quality and quantity. The atmosphere was dark and dimly lit.
I ordered a Ruben w/O-rings, when the plate arrived I was supprised the see there were only about 8 O-rings from small to large, the marble rye on the Ruben was soggy on the bottom where the chef had put the sauerkraut, so soggy that I couldn't eat it like a sandwich so I had to resort to open the sandwich and ate just the corned beef, which was also less than expected. This meal was an all around disappiontmnt and an embarressment to me as I was entertaining a client. I would not go there again or recommend this establishment to friends, collegues, or family members.

2 Thank softbchick
Smithfield , RI
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I agree with the Providence Journal...Thumbs Up!”
Reviewed November 2, 2009

After reading the Providence Journals artical about this restaurant I gave it a try and have been back weekly since the first visit. The food was exceptional (nothing fancy...just great well prepared food) Our server Brenda was exceptional, however; we have had others that are just as proficient such as Kait, Beckey, Suzanne and Kara. The homemade soup bar is always great. My favorite is the seafood champagne and my husband gets the whole belly fried clams (which just won the Best of Rhode Island) In our landscape of chain like cookie cutter restaurants, I would highly reccomend Box Seats, it is reasonablly priced and the kitchen staff is one of the best as far as consistancy......Thumbs Up!!

1 Thank MarySmithfieldRI