“Like eating in a "SAUNA"”
Review of Faial Restaurant - CLOSED

Faial Restaurant
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Rhode Island
“Like eating in a "SAUNA"”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Faial's is ok restaurant with huge portions and very stiff drinks. I ate here with my wife on our one date night and I don't think we will be back unless we want to get drunk. They give you a ton of food and it's average at best. The drinks are so strong I could only have one or would have gotten a DUI. They had music playing but it was so loud I could hardly hear my wife. The place was sooooooooo HOT like we were having dinner in a sauna and felt like passing out. I don't see us going back anytime soon.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank roul5050

Rhode Island
“So nice!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Went on a Wednesday, and was surprised to find a great lobster special, for $10.00! Their medium and large lobsters were $20, and $30, but the small lobster with potato and cole slaw, (or a salad substituted for that) was great. Fresh lobster and a great price. We will have to go back for Tuesday's Prime rib (same 3 prices depending on portion size). Very good service, and a great variety of menu items (seafood, chicken, veal, steak, pastas) that call out to be tried another day. Only minor complaint was that the salad could have been a bit more creative (iceberg lettuce, tomato, carrot and cucumber), but perhaps others prefer the iceberg.

• Visited February 2013
Salt Lake City
“Forget the naysayers this place is good”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Travelling to RI on biz. At check in I asked the front desk at my hotel if there were any good places in the area to have dinner. I always like to try seafood when I'm on the east coast and she recommended Faial. I came up to the room signed in to Tripadvisor to check it out. It didn't look good! On our way out the door I double checked indicating that I had looked it up and found the reviews were less than spectacular. Both the girls at the front desk said 'trust us" the scallops are fantastic. We trusted them and are glad we did. Sure the decor is a little dated and the locale is nothing fancy but the food and service well exceeded expectations. The winner of the night was my biz collegue who got the Paela. It was beautifully prepared, fresh and full of great seafood. I had the seafood combination and wall very impressed with the freshness and preparation although wishing I'd gotten the paela. The service was very friendly and efficient. I'd go back in a flash.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank stslc
Hopewell, Virginia
“Would never go again.”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My best friend just loves this place and she highly recommended it. So I went with my aunt on Tuesday after hearing good things from my best friend. Their special bread dipping is really nothing special, has a slight kick but no real flavor. I asked if I could get a half order of "littlenecks" the waitress did not check with anyone and said NO. I then asked her if there were really littlenecks and how big were they, She made a sign with her fingers indicating about a quarter size. I said OK if they are that little then I will get them. My aunt ordered a Turkey Club with sweet potatoe fries. Well the club sandwich was a club sandwich, hard to ruin that. The sweet potatoe fries were plentiful and good, but again nothing special. The little necks were not little necks but rather cherry stones and very large. I told the waitress these are not littlenecks, they are cherrystones. She said well I would not know I am alergic to seafood and walked away. I know a quahog should be a quahog, but I really do not like the taste or texture of the larger clams. I tried to eat one and just could hardly gag it down. I called the waitress over and said these are unacceptable. She staired at me like I had three heads. I said OK, just bag them up and I will take them home, cook them and make chowder. No one approached me to see if there was something else I might like, no adjustment was made on my bill. I was hungry, so I ordered a cup of their seafood chowder. It was a sort of red clam chowder, it had too much spice in it and I think they had taken one of those cherrystones, put a string on it and dragged it through several gallons of soup. Needless to say I will never return. The least the owner could have done was come over and say something positibve, but reading through the reviews I guess he just does not care. Enough bad press and word of mouth and maybe the ecomony will finally get to him. IN addition the handicapped stall in the bathroom had a toilet that was not working. I told the waitress and needless to say no one even went in to look. Just a really bad experience.

• Visited October 2011
4 Thank hilda102320
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“It's OK”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

A family restaurant that offers a variety of dishes including some Portuguese food. The food, service and atmosphere is good. They offer the choice of lunch or dinner portions at any time the of day. I found that the dinner portions were priced a little to high. I usually order the lunch portion and found it very satisfactory. When it comes to the Portuguese food, the only rice they offer with a meal is seafood rice. I wish they would offer a plain rice also. So I never order the Portuguese dishes. There is a bar that serves liquor. Not sure why they have Christmas decorations year round, maybe someday I will ask.

• Visited September 2012