“Great sleep, friendly staff, good facilities.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Smithfield
Woking, United Kingdom
“Great sleep, friendly staff, good facilities.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Very friendly staff who are helpful and welcoming which was great. Free wifi and breakfast presents fantastic value compared to other hotels in the area. Don't have to pay for parking which is a great plus. Beds are very comfortable and room was quiet on the whole. Fridges in the room can be a bit noisy so I turned mine off no big issue.

TV is big and wide range of choice of channels. Would be nice if the hotel had room service of some kind but not a major issue as you can buy frozen food in the shop each room has a microwave. Pool is also a unexpected great perk.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Debra F, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the great feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed our Cloud Nine bed ! We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Eastlake, OH
Reviewed July 27, 2013

After a disappointing stay at the Holiday Inn down the road, we switched to this hotel for our trip home. No complaints! From a friendly, fast check-in to a CLEAN, comfortable room (with plenty of towels) to everything you could wish for in a breakfast--this is the place to stay near Providence. We wanted to stay here previously when we saw it being built several years ago, but several reviewers here complained about the smell from the asphalt pit next door. No smell--we were on the side facing it and it was 98 degrees during our stay. We'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you plan to hang out in your room, you may not want the view of the asphalt pit.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
dneishel, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Hello,

My name is David Neishel and I am the General Manager for the Hampton Inn and Suites in Smithfield, RI. Thank you for your most recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to evaluate your stay on TripAdvisor.com We like this website and we use it to evaluate our hotel and service through the eyes of our guests. We like to share these reviews with our associates. I am glad that you switched to us as well! Our team takes a lot of pride in providing our guests with a memorable stay.

We look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next stay! Please contact me if I can be of further service.

Scarborough, Maine
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Pros: Very clean, quiet, comfortable bed, great room layout (stayed in Rm 421). Cons: Expensive ($258/nt), very long check-in wait, tiny pool and wish the shower was real tile or granite. We stayed one night to attend a wedding in Woonsocket and honestly could not find another hotel that was this nice for the price... which is pretty sad. C'mon, RI!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

dneishel, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Hello,

My name is David Neishel and I am the General Manager for the Hampton Inn and Suites in Smithfield, RI. Thank you for your most recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to evaluate your stay on TripAdvisor.com We like this website and we use it to evaluate our hotel and service through the eyes of our guests. We like to share these reviews with our associates. I am glad that you were satisfied with your stay. I am sorry, however, for the long wait to check in. We will lreview this with our associate to see how we can avoid this in the future.

Please be sure to like us on Facebook. You can search us by the Hampton Inn and Suites Providence Smithfield.

We look forward to exceeding your expectations! Please contact me if I can be of further service

Scottdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My fiance and I reserved a block of room for our out of town family and friends for our wedding weekend. We could not have been happier! Debra is amazing as well as David! They worked with our group to make sure everything went without a hitch.

The staff is extremely helpful and did everything they could to make our stay comfortable.
All our rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious.

Hello,

My name is David Neishel and I am the General Manager for the Hampton Inn and Suites in Smithfield, RI. Thank you for your most recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to evaluate your stay on TripAdvisor.com We like this website and we use it to evaluate our hotel and service through the eyes of our guests. We like to share these reviews with our associates. I am glad that everything went well while you were here for the wedding! Our associate take a lot of pride in what they do.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel was very clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. The front desk employee assisted a gentlemen that was just stopping by to ask questions about the area. Laundry and gym facility both were clean. I liked that you had to have a key to get into the laundry facility. The only downfall I found with this hotel was the view. It was right next to a gravel pit. If you don't mind keeping the curtains drawn, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
dneishel, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield, responded to this review, July 16, 2013

Raleigh, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel was clean, the staff was great. They were helpful and always offering to help without being pushy or doing it because they had to. Great experience. I wish all Hampton Inns were like this one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Rindge, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I might began by saying I came here with super high expectations because I just stayed last weekend at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Wilkes Barre and that was the nicest room we have ever had at a hotel in this price range. The first room we were booked into here seemed so small by comparison and had a strange smell. The friendly woman at the front desk told us it was because of the peat moss business beside them and the muggy weather intensified the smell. She offered us a choice of 2 similar rooms on the opposite side of the building. We chose one on the 4th floor. It wasn't any bigger but smelled better.having said all that it wasn't any smaller than normal, it was all based on expectation from last week's stay. Everything seemed clean, the breakfast was decent with lots of choices, the front desk was always friendly and helpful. However, there isn't much close by and the road in front of the hotel is very busy so we didn't get our morning runs in. We could've used the hotel workout room, but I'm not a gym person. So if you are looking for a clean, decent hotel to spend a night this one has you covered, but if you want a outside run or restaurant choices close by, you may want a different location.

Room Tip: On a hot day ask for a room that doesn't border the peat moss business next door.
Hello,

My name is David Neishel and I am the General Manager for the Hampton Inn and Suites in Smithfield, RI. Thank you for your most recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to evaluate your stay on TripAdvisor.com We like this website and we use it to evaluate our hotel and service through the eyes of our guests. We like to share these reviews with our associates. I am glad that you were satisfied with your stay. I am sorry, however, that our neighbors had an adverse effect on your stay.

David Neishel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
All Seasons Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Smithfield
Downtown Providence
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown
Omni Providence Hotel
#4 of 12 in Providence
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,422 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield? Share your experiences!