“A good place to stay in RI”

Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Smithfield
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Pros: Very clean, quiet, comfortable bed, great room layout (stayed in Rm 421). Cons: Expensive ($258/nt), very long check-in wait, tiny pool and wish the shower was real tile or granite. We stayed one night to attend a wedding in Woonsocket and honestly could not find another hotel that was this nice for the price... which is pretty sad. C'mon, RI!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
dneishel, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Hello,

My name is David Neishel and I am the General Manager for the Hampton Inn and Suites in Smithfield, RI. Thank you for your most recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to evaluate your stay on TripAdvisor.com We like this website and we use it to evaluate our hotel and service through the eyes of our guests. We like to share these reviews with our associates. I am glad that you were satisfied with your stay. I am sorry, however, for the long wait to check in. We will lreview this with our associate to see how we can avoid this in the future.

Please be sure to like us on Facebook. You can search us by the Hampton Inn and Suites Providence Smithfield.

We look forward to exceeding your expectations! Please contact me if I can be of further service

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My fiance and I reserved a block of room for our out of town family and friends for our wedding weekend. We could not have been happier! Debra is amazing as well as David! They worked with our group to make sure everything went without a hitch.

The staff is extremely helpful and did everything they could to make our stay comfortable.
All our rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious.

Hello,

My name is David Neishel and I am the General Manager for the Hampton Inn and Suites in Smithfield, RI. Thank you for your most recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to evaluate your stay on TripAdvisor.com We like this website and we use it to evaluate our hotel and service through the eyes of our guests. We like to share these reviews with our associates. I am glad that everything went well while you were here for the wedding! Our associate take a lot of pride in what they do.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel was very clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. The front desk employee assisted a gentlemen that was just stopping by to ask questions about the area. Laundry and gym facility both were clean. I liked that you had to have a key to get into the laundry facility. The only downfall I found with this hotel was the view. It was right next to a gravel pit. If you don't mind keeping the curtains drawn, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
dneishel, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel was clean, the staff was great. They were helpful and always offering to help without being pushy or doing it because they had to. Great experience. I wish all Hampton Inns were like this one.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I might began by saying I came here with super high expectations because I just stayed last weekend at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Wilkes Barre and that was the nicest room we have ever had at a hotel in this price range. The first room we were booked into here seemed so small by comparison and had a strange smell. The friendly woman at the front desk told us it was because of the peat moss business beside them and the muggy weather intensified the smell. She offered us a choice of 2 similar rooms on the opposite side of the building. We chose one on the 4th floor. It wasn't any bigger but smelled better.having said all that it wasn't any smaller than normal, it was all based on expectation from last week's stay. Everything seemed clean, the breakfast was decent with lots of choices, the front desk was always friendly and helpful. However, there isn't much close by and the road in front of the hotel is very busy so we didn't get our morning runs in. We could've used the hotel workout room, but I'm not a gym person. So if you are looking for a clean, decent hotel to spend a night this one has you covered, but if you want a outside run or restaurant choices close by, you may want a different location.

Room Tip: On a hot day ask for a room that doesn't border the peat moss business next door.

Hello,

My name is David Neishel and I am the General Manager for the Hampton Inn and Suites in Smithfield, RI. Thank you for your most recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to evaluate your stay on TripAdvisor.com We like this website and we use it to evaluate our hotel and service through the eyes of our guests. We like to share these reviews with our associates. I am glad that you were satisfied with your stay. I am sorry, however, that our neighbors had an adverse effect on your stay.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding that was in the area. Was surprised at the quality and comfort of the room. The bed was very comfortable with extra pillows already in room. Bathroom was very clean with a nice vanity. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Excellent hotel, clean, safe, quiet rooms, well staffed. Small fitness facility, pool, no hot tub though. Location is NOTHING - but very close to highway and local schools. Book early for best rates - it always seems full when we've stayed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

David Neishel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence
Hampton Inn Pawtucket
Hampton Inn Pawtucket
#1 of 1 in Pawtucket
Holiday Inn Express Woonsocket

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield? Share your experiences!