“Just Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Smithfield
nh
“Just Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My son and his friend had a soccer game in town, and we made the last minute decision to stay overnight before his game in the AM. A friend of ours was also staying in a separate room, and had booked and checked in for us. When I saw we were staying at a Hampton Inn, I was very hopeful, after a bad experience at another hotel in town 6 months prior.

The room was absolutely spotless. It was in terrific shape; nothing broken, nothing stained. It was almost as if we were the first ones to ever stay in this room. One thing I absolutely love about Hampton Inns are the pillows. No hard as a rock foam pillows here. We had a great nights sleep on extremely comfortable beds. The bathroom was well lit and the shower had plenty of hot water with great pressure. One of the boys forgot his toothbrush and the front desk was very accomodating, supplying him with toothpaste and toothbrush, and also asked us if we needed anything else. Very professional.

In the morning the continental beakfast had everything you could expect it to have - and more; juices, pastries, muffins, cereals, bacon, home fries, eggs, fruit, etc. It was well stocked by someone who obviously cared about her job and more importantly cared about the guests. She deserves a pat on the back.

While awaiting my son's game, we were able to relax a bit in front of the TV in the lobby. Nice comfortable chairs and a sofa were classy touches.

I can't say enough about this hotel. We had stayed at another Hampton Inn Syracuse NY in July and our experience was the same. Hampton Inn gets it right. Management and staff should be congratulated for giving it 110%. Your efforts truly show.

Due to my son's soccer, we are sure to return to Smithfield and Hampton Inn is the only hotel I will stay at. Because of Syracuse and Smithfield, Hampton Inn has become my hotel of choice.

Great job!!

• 5 of 5 stars
dneishel, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Hello,

My name is David Neishel and I am the General Manager for the Hampton Inn and Suites in Smithfield, RI. Thank you for your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and service on TripAdvisor.com. I am sorry for the delay in this response. I am very glad, however, that everything was just perfect!

We look forward to exceeding your expectations. Please contact me if I can be of further assistance.

David Neishel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Goffstown, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Our family booked two rooms here on a Saturday night while we were staying overnight for a concert in the area. The staff was friendly and welcoming and they accommodated our request to give us rooms close to each. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the rooms were very large (we had one room with a king with a sofa bed and one room with two queen beds). The beds were so comfortable- I slept great! The bathrooms were modern (loved the sink and vanity that looked like it was made from a dresser), and they were spotless. The shower and faucets sparkled. The A/C/heat system was the best I have seen in a hotel with a wall thermostat and completely silent fan.

A couple of minor things that could have made it better- towel bars to dry the towels instead of hooks, but I'm sure the hooks were more space saving and "trendy" than bars, and a heat lamp in the bathroom. But not a big deal.

I gave the location a Very Good rating instead of Excellent ONLY because it was not near a lot of restaurants or stores and because when we first pulled up, we were taken back by the huge piles of dirt on the lot next to it. But we quickly found out that there are malls and restaurants on the exits before and after it, and the hotel is convenient to Exit 8 off I-295.. The hotel has tried to purchase the dirt and sand storage lot next door but the owners will not sell it. Once inside,the hotel and staff more than made up for the lack of scenery.

The breakfast was okay- pretty standard- egg and cheese omlets, french toast, bacon, yogurt, cereal, toast, muffins, assorted juices, etc. I would have liked home fries but I found out they had been served earlier- perhaps they ran out.

Overall, this Hampton Inn was an excellent place to stay and a good value for the money. We will definitely stay there again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: Not many places to eat adjacent to hotel, however, there is a variety of places at nearby exits off...
    • 5 of 5 stars
dneishel, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Hello,

My name is David Neishel and I am the General Manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites in Smithfield, RI. Thank you for your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to post your experience on TripAdvisor.com. I am very glad to see that you thought our hotel was an Excellent place to stay! I do apologize about our neighbors, but I am very happy that our hotel and service compensated for the lack of location.

We hope to see you in the future!

RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had to stay at the Hampton Inn due to renovations that were being done to our home. What a great choice. We stayed in a king size bedroom suite with a sleep sofa. The room was really neat and clean. The room had a seperate area with a sink, microwave, and mini fridge. The pool was also very nice. The free breakfast was also a hit. It was nice to have coffee, tea, and hot chocolate all day long. The cookies at the front desk were the best. Very friendly staff. A friendly hello from every staff member we saw. I highly recommend this Hampton Inn to all vistors.

Hello,

My name is David Neishel and I am the General Manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites in Smithfield, RI. Thank you for your most recent stay and thank you for taking the time to post your experience on TripAdvisor! I am very glad that yours was an Excellent Stay!

We hope to see you in the future!

WEST CHESTER
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The room was clean and well appointed . I go to many hotels for dog shows and found this one to be very welcoming and helpful. My only complaint is valid for this hotel and many others. The small pillows are awful. I wake up every time i turn over and my head rolls onto the bed.I wish hotels would offer a selection...I would pay extra for a decent pillow.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hello again!

Thank you for posting here on TripAdvisor.com. I appreciate your kind words about the room. I am very glad that our staff was welcoming and helpful to you during your stay here! We will be looking into the different kinds of pillows that are offered and will see if we can up grade in this area.

We hope to see you soon!

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is my hotel of choice for business travel in the area. I prefer the Hampton Inn & Suites to the Courtyard by Marriott in Lincoln, RI. I have been pleasantly surprised by both my stays here and got exactly what expected plus a little more. Obviously not a luxury hotel but dependable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hello,

My name is David Neishel and I am the General Manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites in Smithfield, RI. Thank you for your most recent stay and thank you for posting the nice comments about our property here on TripAdvisor.com! I am very glad that we are your hotel of choice wen you have to visit our area!

We hope to see you soon.

Parsippany, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel delivers excellent bang for the buck. Hampton Inns always provide excellent value for the cost with free Wifi, decent breakfast, and clean comfortable hotels. This particular location appears to be a brand new construction. While the view leaves something to be desired (it is next to some sort of a large gravel/dirt fill yard), the location and amenities make up for it.
I recently stayed there on a wedding room block. For $99 (or even the $149 best available rate for the dates I was there), you can't beat this place. We had a King bed suite which had a sofa bed and wet bar. The fridge in the room is a huge benefit for families.
My wife's family lives in the area, and I will definitely return to this hotel when I come up there next.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
dneishel, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Hello,

My name is David Neishel and I am the General Manager for the Hampton Inn and Suites in Smithfield, RI. Thank you for your most recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review your stay on TridAdvisor.com. This is a great forum for travelers to post their honest opinions about the places they visit. We like to share all feedback with our associates.

I am very glad to see that you were Extremely Satisfied with your stay! We hope to see you in the future while visiting relatives!

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

If this location fits your needs, don't stay anywhere else. Every aspect of this place is 5 stars service, value, rooms breakfast and on. The only reason I give this hotel 4 stars, is my tv did not work properly all week, they tried to fix it, but it was a week they had transitioned to another cable company and couldn't do it. AND The view outside my window was a dirt pile and trailer truck. Again, not Hampton's fault but it effects my opinion. Pool was great, service right on. Breakfast every morning was Icing on the cake. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the entrance side if you dont want to look at a dirt pile.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
dneishel, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Hello,

My name is David Neishel and I am the General Manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites in Smithfield, RI. Thank you for your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review us on line at TripAdvisor.com. This is a great forum where we evaluate our hotel and product through our guests' perspective. I am very glad that you were happy with our service, breakfast, pool, etc. I do apologize about the TV issue. We are going through an HD upgrade and have been having minor interruptions in service to certain TVs. The good news is that they are all cleared up now, but I am sorry they affected your stay. I am also sorry about the view of our neighboring landscape company.

Thank you again for your stay and for your feedback! We hope to be of service to you again in the future!

David Neishel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
All Seasons Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Smithfield
3.0 of 5 stars 77 reviews
Downtown Providence
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield? Share your experiences!