Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
Alpine Motel(Providence)
View Hotel
All reviewstwin river casinobryant universityfront deskcomplimentary breakfastroom was cleanvery nice hotelcookiesgreat place to stayfree shuttleshuttle servicethe breakfast areawould stay here againindoor poolrhode islandminute drivebusiness tripnice stay
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had to stay at the Hampton Inn due to renovations that were being done to our home. What a great choice. We stayed in a king size bedroom suite with a sleep sofa. The room was really neat and clean. The room had a seperate area with a sink, microwave, and mini fridge. The pool was also very nice. The free breakfast was also a hit. It was nice to have coffee, tea, and hot chocolate all day long. The cookies at the front desk were the best. Very friendly staff. A friendly hello from every staff member we saw. I highly recommend this Hampton Inn to all vistors.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
dneishel, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Hello,

My name is David Neishel and I am the General Manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites in Smithfield, RI. Thank you for your most recent stay and thank you for taking the time to post your experience on TripAdvisor! I am very glad that yours was an Excellent Stay!

We hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The room was clean and well appointed . I go to many hotels for dog shows and found this one to be very welcoming and helpful. My only complaint is valid for this hotel and many others. The small pillows are awful. I wake up every time i turn over and my head rolls onto the bed.I wish hotels would offer a selection...I would pay extra for a decent pillow.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Hello again!

Thank you for posting here on TripAdvisor.com. I appreciate your kind words about the room. I am very glad that our staff was welcoming and helpful to you during your stay here! We will be looking into the different kinds of pillows that are offered and will see if we can up grade in this area.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is my hotel of choice for business travel in the area. I prefer the Hampton Inn & Suites to the Courtyard by Marriott in Lincoln, RI. I have been pleasantly surprised by both my stays here and got exactly what expected plus a little more. Obviously not a luxury hotel but dependable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Hello,

My name is David Neishel and I am the General Manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites in Smithfield, RI. Thank you for your most recent stay and thank you for posting the nice comments about our property here on TripAdvisor.com! I am very glad that we are your hotel of choice wen you have to visit our area!

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel delivers excellent bang for the buck. Hampton Inns always provide excellent value for the cost with free Wifi, decent breakfast, and clean comfortable hotels. This particular location appears to be a brand new construction. While the view leaves something to be desired (it is next to some sort of a large gravel/dirt fill yard), the location and amenities make up for it.
I recently stayed there on a wedding room block. For $99 (or even the $149 best available rate for the dates I was there), you can't beat this place. We had a King bed suite which had a sofa bed and wet bar. The fridge in the room is a huge benefit for families.
My wife's family lives in the area, and I will definitely return to this hotel when I come up there next.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
dneishel, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Hello,

My name is David Neishel and I am the General Manager for the Hampton Inn and Suites in Smithfield, RI. Thank you for your most recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review your stay on TridAdvisor.com. This is a great forum for travelers to post their honest opinions about the places they visit. We like to share all feedback with our associates.

I am very glad to see that you were Extremely Satisfied with your stay! We hope to see you in the future while visiting relatives!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

If this location fits your needs, don't stay anywhere else. Every aspect of this place is 5 stars service, value, rooms breakfast and on. The only reason I give this hotel 4 stars, is my tv did not work properly all week, they tried to fix it, but it was a week they had transitioned to another cable company and couldn't do it. AND The view outside my window was a dirt pile and trailer truck. Again, not Hampton's fault but it effects my opinion. Pool was great, service right on. Breakfast every morning was Icing on the cake. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the entrance side if you dont want to look at a dirt pile.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
dneishel, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Hello,

My name is David Neishel and I am the General Manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites in Smithfield, RI. Thank you for your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review us on line at TripAdvisor.com. This is a great forum where we evaluate our hotel and product through our guests' perspective. I am very glad that you were happy with our service, breakfast, pool, etc. I do apologize about the TV issue. We are going through an HD upgrade and have been having minor interruptions in service to certain TVs. The good news is that they are all cleared up now, but I am sorry they affected your stay. I am also sorry about the view of our neighboring landscape company.

Thank you again for your stay and for your feedback! We hope to be of service to you again in the future!