“Nice hotel with big rooms and friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Smithfield
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for work. It is a very nice clean hotel. It's off the beaten path but only 1/2 mile from Bryant college. The staff was very helpful. My friend needed a light bulb for his car and the front desk went online to see if the nearby target store had one that fit. Breakfast in the morning is average but they have a good selection of hot and cold food. It has a pool which I did not use but it looked nice as well. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I was staying here for a work trip. This hotel has easy access to two major highways in RI (146 and 295). Also, it's really close to the Lincoln and Smithfield Malls. There are lots of good places to eat within 10 miles.

The room was huge. The only downsides were: the temperature control fan is very noisy and the microwave is a bit small (can't pop a large bag of popcorn. However, the staff allowed me to use the kitchen microwave to pop my popcorn.

The room, bathroom, and hotel was very clean. The staff was friendly. Lots of tv channels and fast wifi.

Room Tip: A room with 2 Queens could easily have 5 people staying in it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We visited my daughter at Bryant for Parents weekend and I needed 3 rooms. The rooms are large and have granite counters and sitting areas with flat panel tv's. Coffee maker small fridge and micrwave are also in the rooms. The beds are very comfortable and the pillows are great. The room and the hotel are ext5remekly clean. The front desk is maybe the nicest person you can run into and they offer a free breakfast. There is also an indoor heated pool and fitness room and all of the above make it an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Len K
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The staff at the front desk were kind and helpful....but that only goes so far with a dirty hotel. Stained carpets, moldy shower curtains and not leaving toilet paper when the roll is almost empty doesn't scream welcome and inviting in my book.

The breakfast offered each morning was average fare, but the coffee...ah... that was an adventure. Would it be strong enough to remove paint today? Or could I read a newspaper through it?

Would I return or recommend this property to a friend? Hmmm....at gunpoint, maybe.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Julie R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Julie R,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am glad to know that you had a good experience with our front desk. I want to assure you that work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day, especially with the overall condition of the room accommodations you received. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 21, 2012

You will get here the usual HI facilities and service, which was what we need for a one night stay on a road trip. Reception was very kind and quick upon our arrival. Breakfast was the usual selection from HI. We were unlucky to have some louder types of guest nearby and in the parking who made it difficult to go to sleep... the walls are surely not of the thickest type.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2012

The Holiday Inn at Smithfield is a clean place to stay, although the wireless service for the internet leaves much to be desired. The breakfast is decent and the hotel is within reach of a few good restaurants.

Room Tip: The door into the room is pretty loose so plan on hearing most anyone in the hallway day or night.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My recent stay that the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Smithfield Rhode Island was wonderful. The front desk receptionist Mariah was very pleasant and helpful when my family and I asked about the area, where to eat, and places to visit while we were there, she also printed out directions for us. We received a goodie bag at check in for being a gold priority member which I thought was nice. Our room was very nice, clean, and comfortable.The beds are very comfortable, great showers, flat screen tv's in the room. The hotel also has wifi, an indoor heated pool, and a full hot breakfast. Next time my family and I visit Rhode Island the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Smithfield is where we'll stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield
Omni Providence Hotel
Omni Providence Hotel
#4 of 13 in Providence
Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence? Share your experiences!