“With a little work, they might make it to mediocre...”

Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Smithfield
Seattle, Washington
“With a little work, they might make it to mediocre...”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The staff at the front desk were kind and helpful....but that only goes so far with a dirty hotel. Stained carpets, moldy shower curtains and not leaving toilet paper when the roll is almost empty doesn't scream welcome and inviting in my book.

The breakfast offered each morning was average fare, but the coffee...ah... that was an adventure. Would it be strong enough to remove paint today? Or could I read a newspaper through it?

Would I return or recommend this property to a friend? Hmmm....at gunpoint, maybe.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Julie R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Julie R,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am glad to know that you had a good experience with our front desk. I want to assure you that work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day, especially with the overall condition of the room accommodations you received. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed August 21, 2012

You will get here the usual HI facilities and service, which was what we need for a one night stay on a road trip. Reception was very kind and quick upon our arrival. Breakfast was the usual selection from HI. We were unlucky to have some louder types of guest nearby and in the parking who made it difficult to go to sleep... the walls are surely not of the thickest type.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 8, 2012

The Holiday Inn at Smithfield is a clean place to stay, although the wireless service for the internet leaves much to be desired. The breakfast is decent and the hotel is within reach of a few good restaurants.

Room Tip: The door into the room is pretty loose so plan on hearing most anyone in the hallway day or night.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Scituate, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My recent stay that the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Smithfield Rhode Island was wonderful. The front desk receptionist Mariah was very pleasant and helpful when my family and I asked about the area, where to eat, and places to visit while we were there, she also printed out directions for us. We received a goodie bag at check in for being a gold priority member which I thought was nice. Our room was very nice, clean, and comfortable.The beds are very comfortable, great showers, flat screen tv's in the room. The hotel also has wifi, an indoor heated pool, and a full hot breakfast. Next time my family and I visit Rhode Island the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Smithfield is where we'll stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Vermont
Reviewed March 31, 2012

For the money this is a very nice place to sleep and stay. The room I stayed in was right off the main lobby but may has well have been in the middle of the desert it was so quiet. There were a few minor details with the room that caught my attention such as a deep dent in the wall about the size of a bottle of water bottle but it did not affect the quality of my rest and/or relaxation. One of the beds was squeaky which made my two year old nephew laugh out loud but it was a very comfy bed so I didn't care a bit. The only complaints I have about the room is that the pull out couch was small, stiff, and uncomfortable both as a couch and as a bed; and, the heater was a little too loud for comfort. Otherwise, the room was very clean and pleasantly appointed.

Parking is ample and close to the entrance.

Amenities for the hotel are fantastic! Start your day off right with the continental breakfast: fresh fruits, bacon, eggs, toast/bagels/english muffins/muffins, cereals, coffee, tea, juices ... you name it they have it. Do business with included wifi or use the business center which is easily accessible and includes fax and printers. If that isn't to your liking, visit the clean and inviting pool or fitness center. Then finish off your day with a trip to the mini store which is well stocked and reasonably priced.

I highly recommend that corporate include proper directions to the hotel on the site. We were directed incorrectly by both Google maps and AT&T Navigator which lead us to drive an extra 15 minutes to find the hotel. If there hadn't been a major accident in front of the hotel the night we arrived [with rescue vehicle lights as identifiers] we may not have found it for an hour -- all due to one misdirection.

There may be others in town, but you will not find better or more for your money. Highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express and Suites!

Room Tip: I don't know what the other rooms are like but my room, in a major traffic area, was quiet. Gue...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2012

As a business traveler, I rely on access to the Internet for mail, meetings, etc. Unfortunately, the hotel's wireless access was unavailable during my stay. Calls the provider only confirmed that wireless was down and wouldn't be fixed until tomorrow at the earliest. After finally reaching a supervisor (he wasn't present in the evening or the morning!), my bill was adjusted. Probably won't stay there next time anyway.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank CPFleck
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Stayed for two nights.very clean and comfortable...highly recommended

• Stayed February 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield
Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence
Omni Providence Hotel
Omni Providence Hotel
#4 of 13 in Providence

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence? Share your experiences!