Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Smithfield
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My recent stay that the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Smithfield Rhode Island was wonderful. The front desk receptionist Mariah was very pleasant and helpful when my family and I asked about the area, where to eat, and places to visit while we were there, she also printed out directions for us. We received a goodie bag at check in for being a gold priority member which I thought was nice. Our room was very nice, clean, and comfortable.The beds are very comfortable, great showers, flat screen tv's in the room. The hotel also has wifi, an indoor heated pool, and a full hot breakfast. Next time my family and I visit Rhode Island the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Smithfield is where we'll stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed March 31, 2012

For the money this is a very nice place to sleep and stay. The room I stayed in was right off the main lobby but may has well have been in the middle of the desert it was so quiet. There were a few minor details with the room that caught my attention such as a deep dent in the wall about the size of a bottle of water bottle but it did not affect the quality of my rest and/or relaxation. One of the beds was squeaky which made my two year old nephew laugh out loud but it was a very comfy bed so I didn't care a bit. The only complaints I have about the room is that the pull out couch was small, stiff, and uncomfortable both as a couch and as a bed; and, the heater was a little too loud for comfort. Otherwise, the room was very clean and pleasantly appointed.

Parking is ample and close to the entrance.

Amenities for the hotel are fantastic! Start your day off right with the continental breakfast: fresh fruits, bacon, eggs, toast/bagels/english muffins/muffins, cereals, coffee, tea, juices ... you name it they have it. Do business with included wifi or use the business center which is easily accessible and includes fax and printers. If that isn't to your liking, visit the clean and inviting pool or fitness center. Then finish off your day with a trip to the mini store which is well stocked and reasonably priced.

I highly recommend that corporate include proper directions to the hotel on the site. We were directed incorrectly by both Google maps and AT&T Navigator which lead us to drive an extra 15 minutes to find the hotel. If there hadn't been a major accident in front of the hotel the night we arrived [with rescue vehicle lights as identifiers] we may not have found it for an hour -- all due to one misdirection.

There may be others in town, but you will not find better or more for your money. Highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express and Suites!

Room Tip: I don't know what the other rooms are like but my room, in a major traffic area, was quiet. Gue...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2012

As a business traveler, I rely on access to the Internet for mail, meetings, etc. Unfortunately, the hotel's wireless access was unavailable during my stay. Calls the provider only confirmed that wireless was down and wouldn't be fixed until tomorrow at the earliest. After finally reaching a supervisor (he wasn't present in the evening or the morning!), my bill was adjusted. Probably won't stay there next time anyway.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank CPFleck
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Stayed for two nights.very clean and comfortable...highly recommended

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We attended parents weekend at Bryant and we booked the HI Express and we are very happy. The hotel and all facilities, the pool & excercise room were very clean. You are greeted by a very friendly desk clerk and the following morning are offered a very decent free breakfast. I would highly recommend staying here if you are visiting the area.

Room Tip: We weer upgraded to a kibng suote and the room was great, it was large, clean and well appointed
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
syasms, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Thank you again for your kind words. Your response and opinion only motivates us to strive even higher. Please be sure to say hello on your next stay with us. I look forward to meeting you in person.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Great location, within 20 min. of city of Providence and Providence College. Rooms are very large, with twin queen beds, desk and sitting area. Good breakfast and pool for the kids -- a very positive experience and highly recommended if you're traveling in the Providence / Smithfield area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank IrishAyes8490
syasms, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write about your experience with us. Your kind comments are much appreciated and inspire us to keep reaching for a higher level of service and comfort. We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

This is our 2 nd visit at this motel. We took my daughter to orientation at Bryant and we again used this motel. What is so nice is that as soon as you enter you are greeted by a very friendly desk clerk. Th room is large with granite counters and the a/c works very well. The exercise room is small but has new equipment with a flat panel TV. The pool is almost new and very clean and they have 2 computers in a small business center. This is the only place we will stay and we will be coming for various events at Bryant and I suggest if you are looking for a clean friendly place then this is it. By the way they serve a very nice free breakfast with choices from eggs, bacon,fruit,ceral etc

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Len K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield
#1 of 1 in Pawtucket
Omni Providence Hotel
Omni Providence Hotel
#4 of 13 in Providence

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence? Share your experiences!