“Okay but not great value”

Anna D's Cafe and Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American
Rhode Island
“Okay but not great value”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I live within 1 mile of Anna D's & have taken my kids to their outside window to order ice cream many times but had never been inside to the cafe for lunch until this week. One of my friends suggested we go there for lunch. She had been multiple times over the past few months and raved about their great sandwiches, salads & soup. It's a small place with a few tables inside as well as some outside on the patio. As another review mentioned, you place an order at the counter, seat yourself and they bring out the food to your table. I ordered a Greek salad which cost $8.25 and tasted okay but was really skimpy. I left the cafe still hungry & I'm not a big eater so that rarely happens. In comparison with other nearby restaurants in Portsmouth, a Greek salad at West Main Pizza, North End Pizzeria or Rocco's is at least twice as large and costs around $6 and the same goes for subs and wraps. In summary, it's okay food, but you can patronize other small local establishments get equal or better food with a greater variety of choices and pay le$$.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank AprMay22

Little Compton, Rhode Island
“Ice cream is good but I wouldn't eat anything else”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I stopped here to grab a coffee and muffin one morning and ended up walking right out. They appear to have had a fly problem and nobody seemed to be doing anything to protect the food. I was grossed out and left without purchasing anything. I will admit that I have eaten ice cream here before and it was good. It is served or the other side of the building so I feel comfortable eating it. Not so much about the pastries though.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Amanda C
Manama
“Fantastic fresh food and great coffee and drinks.”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I live near Anna D's and it's my favourite coffee spot, breakfast or lunch, when a regular restaurant it too much. The service is fast and efficient and the food quality excellent. Highly recommend.

• Visited July 2012
Portsmouth, Rhode Island
“Great local spot for lunch!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have the good fortune of living within 5 minutes drive of Anna D's, and think that it is the best place around Portsmouth to grab a fresh and healthy lunch. Large selection of sandwiches, salads, paninis and wraps. Have had one of best salad and best panini's I have ever had there. Can also grab a iced latte and some dessert, if you choose. They have ice cream as well, which I have not yet indulged in. And I think they are also open for breakfast...have yet to try that.

Is a very nice, quiet corner, with a homey atmosphere and great food. I have grabbed some of their lunch fare "to go", and then saved it for my dinner! Try it...I am sure that you will like it!

• Visited March 2013