All reviews dairy farm granola rhode island short distance wedding party each morning my son and daughter in law no idea great place to stay surrounding area is stayed upstairs rooms are comfortable stress free lawn games home away from home cows being milked newport area
Reviewed September 18, 2017

My in-laws and I took over the Inn for 3 days and had a wonderful time. Dawn handled all questions, issues, changes, tours, and restaurants, along with providing excellent breakfasts. The rooms were comfortable, and roomy. The location was perfect for visiting relatives and sight-seeing. The different-sized rooms allowed us to match up the family to their needs. If you want to save a few dollars from the high priced Newport hotels, this is an excellent alternative.

Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed August 14, 2017

Newport can be incredibly expensive in Summer. A truly great stay is at Escobar's Farmhouse in nearby Portsmouth. It is a working farm, but the farmhouse is a bed and breakfast. The rooms are comfortable, and the farmhouse breakfast is what one would expect in a farmhouse.... Delicious... Dawn, the innkeeper, will greet you when you arrive and show you around. She is also responsible for the scrumptious breakfasts. It is a short drive into Newport. We normally come up once a year. We will stay here in the future.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2017

We're wrapping up our stay at the Inn and will be sadly departing in the morning. The Inn was wonderful for my family of five. My wife and I loved it as did our 3 kids (6 and under). Dawn, is the Inn keeper and she will let nothing stand in her way of ensuring your stay is nothing short of awesome. She was great and was always available if we needed something. Breakfast was no joke, you'll leave satisfied. We love coming back to Aquidneck Island after spending some time stationed here and now that I've stayed at the Inn I won't ever need to look anywhere else. This is where we'll be staying for any trip to Rhode Island we make in the future. We stayed in the Katherine Suite this time since its the biggest room and we had the kids. It would easily sleep 6 and has a big, beautiful bathroom and a small kitchen. So many good things to say about the place. Check this place out if your visiting Newport or the surrounding area.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
EscobarsFarmhouseInn, Manager at Escobar's Farmhouse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

Thank you for the gracious compliments Chad! It was truly an absolute pleasure having you and the "Clan" as my guests! I am looking forward to your next visit.

Warmest regards, Dawn~

Reviewed June 10, 2017

my family came to Portsmouth for a wedding, and stayed with Dawn the inn-keeper at Escobar's. We loved it! we stayed in the Katherine suite- beautiful, very comfortable for our 4 adults. Dawn took very good care of us- fantastic food, set up the croquet game, recommended where to go for a last-minute shoe purchase, was very knowledgeable about the area, and created a very welcoming environment. The location was perfect for us- easy to find, close to the wedding site, and still away from the Newport traffic.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
EscobarsInn, Manager at Escobar's Farmhouse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2017

It was such a pleasure having all of you as my guests and I truly look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed May 30, 2017

In the last twelve years, my wife and I have traveled to 21 countries and 39 states and our recent stay at the Escobar's Farmhouse Inn over Memorial Day weekend 2017 was, hands down, the best B&B we've ever stayed at. The ZooKeeper Dawn (ask her to tell you the story behind the name) was an incredible host, going above and beyond is all facets of her duties.

The entire B&B was impeccably clean, the breakfast was an incredible spread, and her ability to make us feel at home was unparalleled. Our family of six (two adults, three kids, and an infant) stayed upstairs in the Katherine Suite and had more than enough room. Everything in the room was functional, the hot water in the shower and sink were plentiful, the beds were very comfortable, and the heater worked well. The breakfast every morning was different and included an enormous spread of food: vanilla yogurt with fresh berries, granola, a variety of homemade pastries/breads, eggs (Dawn made scrambled eggs for the kids and homemade omelets for the adults one morning), pancakes, bacon, sausage, hash brown potatoes, fresh coffee, a huge selection of teas, juice, jellies, jams, etc. You name it, it was available for breakfast...and if it wasn't, Dawn would make it for you.

A trip to the dairy right down the road is also a must. Try to get there between 6-8am to see the cows being milked. Even if you can't make it, there's still several cows around after the morning milking to take a look at and help feed.

I really can't say enough about Dawn and her ability to make us feel welcome. She treated us like family during our stay and went above and beyond in everything she did for us. One lazy Saturday afternoon, she brought out all sorts of lawn games, frisbees, and balls and we spent hours on their beautiful front lawn laying - adults down to little kids - playing together. When we were out for the afternoon, she washed and dried dirty kids cloths for us. She even stayed up with us one night after the kids had gone the bed just to talk and spend time with us. She's also excellent with young kids. Truly, the best hostess we've ever had at a B&B. Highly and without reservation recommend Dawn and the Escobar's Farmhouse Inn!

Room tip: Katherine Suite is the perfect room for families. Ask Dawn to recommend a room based on your needs.
Date of stay: May 2017