All reviews dairy farm granola rhode island short distance wedding party each morning my son and daughter in law no idea great place to stay surrounding area is stayed upstairs rooms are comfortable stress free lawn games home away from home cows being milked newport area
Reviewed May 30, 2017

In the last twelve years, my wife and I have traveled to 21 countries and 39 states and our recent stay at the Escobar's Farmhouse Inn over Memorial Day weekend 2017 was, hands down, the best B&B we've ever stayed at. The ZooKeeper Dawn (ask her to tell you the story behind the name) was an incredible host, going above and beyond is all facets of her duties.

The entire B&B was impeccably clean, the breakfast was an incredible spread, and her ability to make us feel at home was unparalleled. Our family of six (two adults, three kids, and an infant) stayed upstairs in the Katherine Suite and had more than enough room. Everything in the room was functional, the hot water in the shower and sink were plentiful, the beds were very comfortable, and the heater worked well. The breakfast every morning was different and included an enormous spread of food: vanilla yogurt with fresh berries, granola, a variety of homemade pastries/breads, eggs (Dawn made scrambled eggs for the kids and homemade omelets for the adults one morning), pancakes, bacon, sausage, hash brown potatoes, fresh coffee, a huge selection of teas, juice, jellies, jams, etc. You name it, it was available for breakfast...and if it wasn't, Dawn would make it for you.

A trip to the dairy right down the road is also a must. Try to get there between 6-8am to see the cows being milked. Even if you can't make it, there's still several cows around after the morning milking to take a look at and help feed.

I really can't say enough about Dawn and her ability to make us feel welcome. She treated us like family during our stay and went above and beyond in everything she did for us. One lazy Saturday afternoon, she brought out all sorts of lawn games, frisbees, and balls and we spent hours on their beautiful front lawn laying - adults down to little kids - playing together. When we were out for the afternoon, she washed and dried dirty kids cloths for us. She even stayed up with us one night after the kids had gone the bed just to talk and spend time with us. She's also excellent with young kids. Truly, the best hostess we've ever had at a B&B. Highly and without reservation recommend Dawn and the Escobar's Farmhouse Inn!

Room tip: Katherine Suite is the perfect room for families. Ask Dawn to recommend a room based on your needs.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
8  Thank Michael D
Reviewed October 31, 2016

My wife and I stayed at Escobar's Farmhouse Inn during my son's parent's weekend at Roger William's University. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and our Innkeeper Dawn was great! We had a wonderful suite in the Walter Room with a great sitting area, large comfy room and bed. Each morning we had excellent hearty breakfasts and conversation. Dawn had a fun riddle for us to solve each day. I highly recommend this Inn if you visiting in the Bristol/ Portsmouth area of Rhode Island.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Escobar's Farmhouse Inn. The rooms were amazing, the breakfast delicious, the scenery gorgeous and Dawn, the innkeeper, was beyond phenomenal! I plan to return for many visits and recommend this inn to all my friends and family. The perfect getaway spot!

Room tip: All the rooms were fabulous!
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

So MA has a three day residency requirement between the issue of a marriage licence and the actual marriage. In Rhode Island we did it in three hours. What's this to do with Escobars Farmhouse? Well when standing in the Town House awaiting the licence I was asked where in Portsmouth we'd be staying - no idea- but I was referred to this Inn by the counter clerk as its owner was seated alongside. Duly armed with THE licence and an appointment made with an officiant ( the Reverend lived across the road) we travelled a further 200 yards to be met by the Innkeeper, Dawn Buktus. Warned of our imminent arrival within 10 minutes she'd arranged champagne, flowers in our room and a bouquet/ buttonhole. What's more she's an accomplished photographer and insisted in taking the wedding photographs!. Being a former Events manager she certainly knows her craft. We stayed a week in this Inn, occupying three rooms in that time as pre booked guests came and departed. In our opinion "Mary's" room was the best as it afforded space with ready access to the "deck" for early morning/evening sunbathing. This was our first experience living in a BnB and we were exceptionally fortunate to encounter one operated by Dawn, every room and front of house was immaculate, nothing but nothing was of any trouble and her local knowledge and wide range of contacts ensured we had access to numerous excellent restaurants. We cannot speak too highly of her. The whole ambience of Escobars farmhouse inn beggars belief, incredible hospitality. We'll be back!!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank patbarron
EscobarsInn, Manager at Escobar's Farmhouse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2016

It was a pleasure to have you both as our guests at the Inn! I am overjoyed that the universe brought you to our little town of Portsmouth and to Escobar's Farmhouse Inn...ALL THE WAY FROM SCOTLAND!! It was my sincere honor to have been a part of your elopement and honeymoon Mr. & Mrs. Wallace.

Accommodating you at the Inn was comparable to having family here. I look forward to your return visit with considerable anticipation!

Reviewed August 21, 2016

Although the inn looked beautiful in the pictures, the Katherine Suite and common areas of the inn still surpassed all of my expectations. Fantastic place for a relaxing escape from NYC with my friend and very close to the Newport beaches. The best part - Dawn the innkeeper. She went out of her way to make our stay exceptional. Can't wait to return!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
EscobarsInn, Manager at Escobar's Farmhouse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2016

It was a pleasure having you as our guests and I look forward to your next visit!