All reviews dairy farm granola rhode island short distance wedding party each morning my son and daughter in law no idea great place to stay surrounding area is stayed upstairs rooms are comfortable stress free lawn games home away from home cows being milked newport area
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here last summer and I have been meaning to write a review ever since. This place was just outstanding. The Innkeeper cooked us the best breakfasts! The rooms were spacious, comfortable, and really clean. However, from the outside, you would never know that this chic inn existed on the inside of a barn house. New Port is only about 15 minutes away so you can drive there to eat at the restaurants or see the mansions. I talk about this place with everyone and will never forget my stay here.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Kim S
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had an enjoyable weekend stay at this property. It feels so off the beaten path in relaxing farm country but is on the main road and very close to the action in Newport. It really is a quiet oasis in a lovely, restored farmhouse. The dairy farm is across the road and guests can visit or take a walk through that property.

The rooms are stylish, modern, and comfortable. We peeked into a few other rooms that were open in the afternoon and they were all differently decorated and well-appointed.

We happened to be there on a very hot weekend. Our room had an air conditioner which was effective but no other room or area in the house had a/c which made it slightly uncomfortable to roam around for too long. There are several common areas with a variety of books, movies, and games to entertain guests. The living area shares space with the innkeeper's office which is large enough but oddly decorated. It is sort of wild animal themed which could be cool but with the office and setting in a farmhouse, I thought it was out of place.

There is a big resident dog that roams the house. It was friendly but seemed a bit starved for attention. It was often waiting outside of our bedroom door throughout our stay and followed us around the house.

We did experience a problem with the wireless Internet in our room. I had to call Stuart for guidance in the early evening and his solution was to go downstairs and find the router in his office and try plugging into it with an Ethernet cable. We were able to connect but that is neither a convenient nor customer-friendly option.

Our room had a tv with a built-in DVD player so after dinner, we chose a movie from Stuart's collection, which is large. Unfortunately, five minutes into the movie, the player failed and we were unable to fix it. It was disappointing but we watched it on our laptop. We mentioned it the next morning to Stuart who apologized and said he thought the unit was on its last leg. I am sure it has been replaced.

The breakfast was great and Stuart is a wonderful chef. He seemed to genuinely enjoy cooking for everyone and getting to know us all. The dining room is communal and our fellow guests were friendly and chatty.

I would recommend a stay here if you like the B&B experience, rural relaxation, wonderful breakfasts, or you just need a break from the city.

Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Qmis
Escobar's F, Manager at Escobar's Farmhouse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

There is NO RESIDENT DOG - at Escobar's Farmhouse Inn. Do you have the Inn confused with somewhere else? Also there is no office in the sitting room - there is a check-in desk in the corner close to the main entrance which is maybe used 5 minutes a day for Check-ins. Also there is wireless throughout the Inn but at peak usage times the incoming Cox signal is not always very strong but is beyond our control. Also the entire Inn is air-conditioned during the summer.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed at Escobars in early June and really enjoyed it. It was a very relaxing place to stay, and was convenient to Newport. We stayed in the Walter Room and really enjoyed it. It was a very spacious room, and the bed was wonderfully comfortable. The inn is really nice and Stuart cooked up some wonderful breakfasts. The afternoon cookies were a plus.

Would definitely stay here again the next time we are in Newport.

Room tip: The Walter Room was a very large room and could accomodate a family. There was some road noise during the day, but was quiet at night.
Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at Escobar's Farmhouse Inn this past weekend June 7-9th 2013 with my boyfriend. What a wonderful place to stay. It was our first B&B and I can't wait to go back! We stayed in the Mary Room on the first level. We had our own tv, dvd player, walk out patio, full private bath, and ac unit. The house AND our room/bathroom were spotless. So clean! This was a very cozy place to stay. Stuart was the InnKeeper and he is very friendly and hospitable. We talked his ear off while he was making our daily FREE breakfast. The rates are very affordable. We drove into Newport every day and it was about 8 miles and a nice drive. Very easy to get too. I'm very glad I found Escobar's Inn and look forward to many more long weekends there. Next time I'm bringing my entire family!

Room tip: The Tony Room does not have a private bath in the room. It has a private bath across a small hallway so if that bothers you, stay in one of the rooms with the private bath inside your room.
Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

What a nice place to stay. So serene and relaxing. Stuart was such a wonderful innkeeper. Breakfast was wonderful, and being able to walk right over to the farm was a great plus! Everything was clean and neat... Beautiful, simply beautiful!

Date of stay: April 2013