All reviews dairy farm granola rhode island short distance wedding party each morning my son and daughter in law no idea great place to stay surrounding area is rooms are comfortable stress free stayed downstairs lawn games home away from home newport area nearby portsmouth
Reviewed March 1, 2013

If you are visiting Newport, Rhode Island you have to stay at Escobar’s Farmhouse Inn in nearby Portsmouth, Rhode Island. When you open the door and walk inside, you enter a home that should be featured in House and Gardens. It is absolutely gorgeous and spotless. Every room is decorated with antiques and an eclectic mixture of furniture and paintings. The kitchen is open and we all sat around the island that is in the center of the kitchen and enjoyed our wine and cheese. When we returned from dinner, we decided to have our “after dinner drinks” in the living room.

All the bedrooms are lovely. I stayed upstairs in the Walter room while my friends stayed downstairs in the Mary and Tony rooms. Our room was quite large and the bed was so comfortable. There was plenty of hot water in the shower and the water pressure was great.

The innkeeper Stuart is fabulous! He made the most delicious gourmet breakfast. I emailed him earlier in the week to let him know one of my friend’s is allergic to pork and he made sure he had turkey bacon for Sue. Plus he had pastries, fresh juice, coffee and fresh fruit salad out on the counter. And the coffee was excellent. He is so friendly and makes you feel right at home.

I highly recommend Escobar’s Farmhouse Inn. I am already planning my next visit. You will not be disappointed.

Date of stay: February 2013
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My sister and I stayed at the inn in November for my son-in-law's retirement. It was our first experience at a bed and breakfast and what a wonderful experience it was! The farmhouse is absolutely charming. Our room (The Mary) was beautifully decorated, spotless and so comfortable. We loved having our own private bath. Stuart, the innkeeper, was so thoughtful and friendly - and his breakfasts were delicious! He made us feel so welcome and comfortable. We both highly recommend you visit Escobar's. You will not be disappointed!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Farmhouse has been remodeled and decorated with a collector's touch. Unusual and fanticiful paintings and antiques are loving placed with an artist's eye.

There is a working dairy farm across from the cornfield . Visitor friendly chickens,goats and a pet pot bellied pig will greet you near farmyard entrance. Dawn views of rolling hills and distant water are awesome.

Breakfast was delicious and elaborate. Eggs cooked to order. Abundant fresh fruit and berries.
Comfortable bed, quiet and open access to living space, lounge and huge DVD collection.
You will feel lucky to get a room here. Unique experience .

Room tip: All the rooms looked great, big and spacious.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We spent the weekend here Nov 2nd -4th. Stuart is the best innkeeper I have ever known.
He is so thoughtful and personable. He cooks breakfasts that are truly made from scratch using the local resources. ( Escobar Farm is a Cabot Creamery Cooperative farm.).
The house is nicely decorated with many antiques. Guests can enjoy the common area and we mingle easily. You will feel at home. We loved it and will return.
The inn is located about 20 minutes from Newport and well located for visiting most of the wineries on the Coastal Wine Trail.

Room tip: We stayed in the Mary Room. It is on the 1st floor in the back of the house. Very comfortable and has a slider door to the deck so you can come and go without going through the rest of the inn. I would choose it again.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife & I recently had the pleasure of spending three nights at Escobars farmhouse inn. I can’t believe there are only 8 reviews for this superb B&B but they all give Escobars 5 stars.

There are four rooms, two on the ground floor and two on the first floor with the Katherine suite being the largest . . . . very large! We booked the Katherine suite which is simply superb and quite the largest room we have ever had in a bed & breakfast. The suite has a huge double bed, a double bed and a settee/single bed. A four seater settee, an armchair, huge bean bag, a circular table & four chairs, TV, music system & a DVD player, kitchen with a large fridge, oven etc, and a microwave. The bathroom is also large, beautiful with a bath & shower. The whole place is tastefully furnished & decorated. When we arrived Stuart had soft music playing in our room for our arrival, and each evening when we came in from dinner Stuart had soft lighting & music playing for us.

Which brings me to the breakfast which was gourmet each morning! They are to die for, Portuguese eggs Benedict, fresh fruit, granola and different flavour yoghurt, juice, pastries and really good coffee. Our second morning Jane Escobar and three of the relatives joined us for breakfast which was nice, Jane is lovely and very chatty.

Portsmouth is a great base - on Newport's doorstep, but not Newport prices. We have stayed in many B&B’s throughout America and Escobars must be one of the best! If you choose to visit Newport, I highly recommend staying at Escobars, it’s wonderful. It’s also an easy 15 minute drive into town & the Mansions on Ocean Drive. Just because this farmhouse sits off the main road, don’t ignore it, the rooms are quiet, the views are great and the service is unbeatable.

I’m afraid the photographs on their web-site don’t do the property justice.

On a scale from 1-5, Escobar’s Farmhouse Inn & Stuart gets a full 5. Outstanding comfort, service & spotlessly clean!

Keep up the good work Stuart and if ever we return to Newport we will certainly book the Katherine suite at Escobars Farmhouse Inn again.

Kind regards

Brian & Linda - England

Room tip: Choose the Katherine suite, it's large & wonderful!
Date of stay: October 2012