“Not impressed” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Harvard, Massachusetts
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

Ordered brisket. It was dry. Service was just OK. I've been to great BBQ places across the country, The Salt Lick in Driftwood TX, Dreamland in Tuscaloosa, just to name two. This place is not even close. Mediocre at best.

Lincoln, RI
“Excellent ribs.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2011

I look for good ribs all over the country. I realize that LJ's just got the Best in RI award, but I believe the flavor and value of the ribs can match just about any BBQ in America. They shouldn't be just limited to RI. The ribs are as good as Wes' ribs used to be way back when. Don't go for the atmosphere or service.....go for the ribs and don't ruin them by putting sauce on them.

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Lousy food and aweful service AND THE FOOD MADE ME ILL”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2010

I went for the first time yesterday I was with a large group of people, who were considering making LJ's a monthly destination let me assure you this will not be happening. I ordered the Pan cake sampler, this contains one of each of their pancakes, One regular pancake, one bacon crumble pancake and one sweet potato pancake. After placing my order I realized that the bacon crumble pancake had bacon mixed into the pancake batter which I fond gross ans the sweet pot had nuts in in witch would make me ill. So i REQUESTED TO CHANGE MY ORDER AND THEY REFUSED TO DO SO,

I was extremely hungry so I choked down the dry over cooked pancakes and ate around the nuts. The pancakes sat like lead in my stomach until about 8 that night was sick the whole day.To add insult to injury they had the nerve to add the tip to my bill. So they dictated what I would pay for terrible service.

I called the restaurant to complain and asked for the manager she told me she would do nothing about if you want horrible food and rude service LJls is the place for you, if not stay away!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Woonsocket, Rhode Island
“Dried out meat and soggy fries do not a good BBQ make.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2010

Sorry,but in a plaza row of really good restaurants this place comes in dead last in my book.
It was unkempt and boardering on dirty. The decor is dismal and the food fell very short of our expectations.It was not at all busy when we went and yet the waitress still managed to get our straight off the menu hassle free order wrong. The Pork and the brisket was luke warm and tasted like it had been cooked two days before and slapped on the grill to heat up a little. We both felt a little sick after eating about half of it. The handcut fries were soggy although the potato salad was very tasty and the bbq beans were sickneningly sweet.
To add insult to injury the bill was altogether too high fot the portions and quality of the meal. There are far better choices next door at the other restaurants, Rasoi and Garden Grille.

RI
“killer LJ Benedict”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2010

if you love brunch and you love barbeque then head to LJ's for the brunch. I love the LJ's benedict.On cornbread is their pulled pork with a chipolte holindaise sauce. may have spelled the words wrong but not wrong about the food! Enjoy!