“One of my favorite italian restaurants. It is BYOB and the lunch pricing is far better than dinner. They are a small...”

Bella Pasta Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 159 Restaurants in Pawtucket
Cuisines: Italian
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed February 3, 2008

One of my favorite italian restaurants. It is BYOB and the lunch pricing is far better than dinner. They are a small operation and do not take reservations, but it is worth the wait at the door.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed December 6, 2007

I travel 100 days a year and have eaten at many restaurants across the country and Canada. With this experience I feel as though I am a amateur food critic. Bella Pasta is as good as any Italian restaurant as I have eaten in. My many experiences have always left me feeling full and the service has always exceeded my expectations. I particulary enjoyed the butternut squash soup followed by baked stuffed haddock. The fish was fresh and the stuffing had real crabmeat not sea legs as so many restauranteurs think that this qualifies as real crab. If there was one criticism, it is having your soda poured from a can. This should be done from behind the bar/counter as pouring in front of a customer tends to ruin the ambiance of the experience.

1  Thank sopeman
Reviewed October 5, 2007

i will never eat in this establishment (yeah, ok....) again. i almost passed out from the fumes coming out of the air vents. it was very difficult to breathe as it was extremely hot in the restaurant. it took 9 minutes for the waitress to bring me a glass of water that had crumbs floating inside of it. why would you bring that monstrosity to a table? i found the servers snobbish and felt as if they were laughing at me behind the counter. i tell all who will listen, do not bother to eat at bella pasta. the food is overly-priced and the cooks can't make a steak to my liking. not to mention the fact that in a real byob the servers hold your booze and give it to you accordingly, not at bella pasta. i don't think they know the laws. if you're going to own a business, you should probably understand the english language and not plead ignorance when someone comes to you with a problem with the food.

1  Thank yeah21
Reviewed January 30, 2007

The atmosphire of Bella pasta is wonderful and the food is great. The whole experience of a great Italian dinner begins with the bread. This is the only aspect of dining at Bella Pasta that I found disappointing. The bread looks and tastes like it was bought from the supermarket, perhaps Wonder Bread Italian. There is nothing like real crusty Italian bread and this falls so short.

2  Thank bellabalou
Reviewed January 22, 2007

I know, . . . .with a title like that, You are thinking, they have not been many places in RI!

But I have been to almost every Italian Restaurant in the State as well as most other states and many in Europe as well. The food at Bella Pasta is fantastic. When the restaurant first opened, I thought that the food was closely linked to the owner/chef Franco. When he sold out, I worried that things would change. But the only thing that changed was the atmosphere as the restuarant was redecorated to give it an Italian ambiance.

Most dishes are at the top level of any you can get anywhere! For appetizers, the Fried Calamari and the Mussels are beyond the ordinary!

Whether you get the most common Italian dish, spaghetti or linguini and meatballs or /and sausage or the higher end Piatto Sarah (small lobster tails, shrimp, scallops, clams with linguine in a Marinara or Fra Diavlo sauce) You will not be disappointed.

The wait staff is local, friendly and willing to please. Randi, Kristen, Sarah or Jessie and most others as waitresses are great!

Cons?
1.) Not many. The Squash soup is a little sweet for an appetizer,
2.) I have never taken to the clam sauce (linguine and white clam sauce.
3.) And the parking is somewhat limited with a small lot in back and the rest on street.
4.) This is personal, They only take Visa and Mastercard. I like to use American Express (I save the miles).
5.) it is BYOB, but to me this is an advantage!

Don't think you can go at 7:30 on a Friday or Saturday night and get in without a long wait. But the hours are ample to get you the experience without waiting. They are open Tuesday through Sunday from lunch right through dinner except Saturday when they open at 4PM.

5  Thank treesofmytime