“Disappointing!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Heard a lot of good things about this small restaurant, so I decided to check it out on a weeknight. Ordered the Chicken Parmigiana meal. It was not good. The chicken was very dry and over cooked. I could not cut it with a knife. I had to tear it into shreds to be able to eat it. It was very disappointing. I would not go back.

• Visited January 2012
3 Thank JoeyRainbow

Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Sadly disappointed with my entree”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I was so excited to go to Bella Pasta because I started a strict diet and I only get one cheat meal a week. A few friends suggested I go there because the food is good and they've received some "Rhode Island's Best" awards. I was looking for somewhere with a small and cozy atmosphere, so I picked up my favorite bottle of wine and my husband and I headed over about 7:30 pm on a Friday night.

Surprisingly, it wasn't busy and we were seated right away. We were only charged $1.50 to bring in a bottle of wine which I thought was great. The portobella mushroom appetizer was delicious so I was really excited for dinner figuring it could only get better. I love eggplant parm and had my heart set on it so I ordered it and my husband ordered one of the specials which was pasta and chicken with gorgonzola cheese mixed in.

My husband wasn't really happy with the dish. It was overpowered by the cheese and lacked the "home-made" taste we were looking for. The eggplant parm was anything but good. It tasted like it came out of a fast food restaurant. It was greasy and cardboard-like. The fettuccini pasta wasn't al dente like you'd expect from a real Italian restaurant and the sauce was darker and thicker than I expected. It tasted like jar sauce...It was just not good at all. The salad was disappointing as well. It was cold as if it had been sitting in a cold refridgerator, not freshly made and was made with iceberg lettuce with a few pieces of other lettuces. I would expect that from a chain restaurant, but not a small place like Bella Pasta.

I also ordered Snicker cheesecake for dessert. It was basic, but not home-made. I guess I just expected more of a home-made taste from my meal and Bella Pasta just didn't deliver. Sorry, but we won't be returning.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Calandjen
“Small and quaint restaurant”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I found a real gem of a restaurant in my own little neighborhood. Each time the food was excellent. Have tried many different dishes and was not disappointed at all. I particularly like the warmed olive oil dip for the bread. Service is excellent and because staurant is small, service is quick. Just ate there 2 days ago and food excellent as always. Everything is fresh and made to order. They've got my vote and business.

Somerset, MA
“Hidden Gem, Outstanding food..”
Reviewed November 23, 2010

I have been to this resturant several times. It is really a hidden gem. The food is outstanding. The menu has something a little of everything and also offers a few seasonal specials. The service is great our waitress was very attentive. We were celebrating a birthday on our most recent trip and I had called in the afternoon to make reservations. When we arrived the table was set for our party of 12 and we were seated right away. It was a Tuesday so we did not have to wait, but we have been on Friday and Saturday nights and had to wait and it is always worth the wait.

It is a BYOB resturant which is an added plus for this place. There is a small fee per wine/beer glass which is completly reasonable. The food is really great! You will not be dissapointed. Do not be put off by the curb appeal of the resturant give them a chance and go in and eat, you'll be hooked!

1 Thank mominsomerset
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“RUDE”
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Very disappointed in the treatment from the manager, Steve. Was rude and we were seated well before 6 p.m. Waitress was great & tried to reason with Steve that she was taking our order right around 5:55 and that everyone was present prior to 6. Also would not acknowledge that we needed another wine glass. Manager needs an attitude adjustment. Living so close to this restaurant, it's a same I won't be back. I'll continue to visit my local favorite. The Heritage Tap where everyone is pleasant. Life is too short for me to pay for attitude.