“Used to be great, now just good food.”

China Inn Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 160 Restaurants in Pawtucket
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Recently went in for take out. Quality of food has dropped, but is still good. Wouldn't recommend their lo-Mein, was the worst I've ever had but the rest of the order was very good.

1  Thank Numb1Hawk

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Visited yesterday after a long absence. Our server gave us the thick, crispy noodles with sweet sauce for dipping, which is their complimentary signature "appetizer." The noodles were stale! When we informed our server, he said, "Don't eat them! They're free! That's all we got!" I was shocked by his attitude and answer! So, because they're free, they can serve them to their customers regardless of freshness?? I don't think the Health Department would agree. The food we ordered was OK, not great. Loaded with MSG. I don't think we will be back.

1  Thank Marie A
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Server was extremely nice, but overall service was a little slow and my food was a bit cold. It was a slow night though so they may have been short staffed. Food was great for left overs. Gonna give it another shot soon, especially since there's a groupon for it right now.

1  Thank Kayla C
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Went on a Friday night. It was not busy at all. Shared a scorpian bowl for two and it was delicious. The waitstaff was prompt and efficient. You have to get the shredded chicken dish as it is out of this world!! You can NOT find this dish anywhere else! It is shredded lettuce, shredded chicken and scallions in a very light peanut oil sauce with little bits of peanuts.(and something magic!) Great appetizer or light lunch! We had mushi chicken which was very good and pork fried rice. The bathroom was clean and tidy. Plenty of parking in the back. They also deliver to the local area. I have been here many times and have never had a bad experience.

3  Thank Lee B
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The place needs an overhaul-- the ceiling shows signs of water damage and there are buckets strategically placed on the floor. There are usually few diners and fewer waitstaff. The food is absolutely THE BEST, but the wait staff is slow and seem to be uncaring. Overlook that and you will have the best Chinese food anywhere. The steamed dumplings are great, as is the hot sour soup and wonton. Shrimp with lobster sauce very good as is ma po tofu. I have NEVER had a bad meal here, and I have been dining here for over 15 years! Enjoy!

1  Thank dermgoddess