“Long wait, excellent food.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Corinne's Seafood Grille & Banquets - CLOSED

Corinne's Seafood Grille & Banquets
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Corinne's is a 20,000 sqaure foot function faclity that can accomodate guests of 1-600. Corinne's specialzes in Functions of all types like Weddings, Showers, Baptisms, bearvements, awards banquets, etc. Corinne's opened a Gastro Pub that serves Seafood and American gourmet food & drinks. Corinne's also has weekly entertainment. It is a great place to have a formal or casual function for large or smalls groups and also a great place to see a live dance band with your friends or family.
Providence, Rhode Island
“Long wait, excellent food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Wife and I tried this place with a Groupon. It's a banquet hall that serves food Thu-Sun along with live music and a bar. Unassuming location off Route 1A on the S. Attleboro/Pawtucket line.

The menu is very ambitious, reading more like a Gordon Ramsey creation than a bar/music menu. Think less "wings and nachos" and more "risotto and seafood".

We had no idea they had live music, or that Sunday is apparently the most popular night. It was also the last weekend for the Groupon so, of course, the place was overloaded. As a result, the entire dining experience took over 2 hours. We waited 10 minutes before a waitress even came over. I think the water and bread came out after 20-30 minutes of sitting. We had a couple of appetizers, and our main courses didn't come out until an hour and 45 minutes after we entered (sat down at 5:30pm, meals came out at 7:15pm). Luckily the music kept us distracted (good house band playing jazz/blues rock stuff a la Stevie Ray Vaughan).

The food was excellent. We started with a gorgonzola fondue which was delicious ($9.99), and an ambitious calamari ($12.99) with not as much calamari as I'd like but with plenty of other things (like artichoke, capers, and olives) and a nice sauce. My wife got bourbon steak tips ($15.99 I think); they weren't overly large, but she said they were tender and tasty. I got a poached haddock with mussels ($16.99) that was very good, the fish and mussels done right although the sauce was a bit on the salty side.

At the end of the meal, we told the waitress that, while the food was excellent, the long wait was a bit much. She apologized and said they were very busy due to the Groupon being in it's final days. (We've had this happen to us at other restaurants as well, and it's a bit baffling as to why restaurants don't staff heavier at the end of a Groupon period, knowing that procrastinators always pack the place in the final nights.) Then she said she'd be right back. We assumed she might be doing something nice like taking $10 off the bill or something. Instead, she came back with a $50 gift card for us to return. In my opinion this was well above and beyond the call; she would've been within her rights simply to apologize and say, "Well, all you Grouponners came in at the end, if you'd used it weeks ago you wouldn't have to wait." So they get high marks for management.

It's probably definitely busier on Sunday nights although probably not "two hour wait for your food" busy, so we'll definitely return as the food was very good and the music was enjoyable. I'm rating Service as "Very Good" since the giftcard gesture balances out the long wait.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank JD10367

Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“food good...service not”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

the food is good.they have come along way.but the service....slow slow and slow.for a simple sandwich i've gottin faster service ordering a full antree from other restaurants.the wait staff comes across as not experienced and unsure.seems at times they can't remember things in the order.yes they have come along..just think how far you could go if you only look at your wait staff.this is not a b...h comment..i go there atleast once a month,same ole story.

h.s. in rhode island

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

Pro: Over the last few years, Corinne's has been steadily working on upgrading their menu from standard bar fare to more gourmet offerings. The food these days is well made and well presented. It seems to me that a lot of effort has been made to create some tasty signature dishes and to have a menu that goes beyond the bar standards.

Pro: There is often live music playing and I've never heard a band there that was bad. There is a dance floor that gets a lot of use and people seem to have a great time shaking their booties to the music. If you're looking to hear some live music, it's a good bet that whoever they have playing is going to be worth the cover charge (if there is one).

Con: I'm not sure these two things go together very well for me. I go there to eat because their food is excellent. I try very hard to time my visits with when I don't think a band is going to be playing because it's so loud that you simply cannot have a conversation that doesn't involve yelling. If I'm eating (and paying for) gourmet food I feel like I should be able to carry on a polite conversation with my dinner companions.

Pro: The bartenders are knowledgeable and personable. The wait staff (with one exception) is also top-notch.

• Visited July 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank MTHEG
South Attleboro
“Different From The Rest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2011

This restaurant is much different from the rest. I was told the first time I went there that they were out of Portuguese stuffed quahogs and when I went for the second time I could see why? These are the best stuffed clams you will ever have...WOW They were packed with flavor and not gritty like most homemade stuffies. Order some to go because I heard they always sell out of them and they arent always on the menu. I also had the Bourbon Glaze Tips excellent, tender and very tasteful. We stayed with friends to see the live entertainment which was nice becuase we never moved out of our dinner chairs. The live band was good a mixed variety...very danceable my wife said. The only thing negative was that the server didnt really know the wine list, she might have been new. But the bartendars were on top of it and explained thier selection. The building inside and outside was very clean but if it wasnt for my navigation system we would have never found it. The outside of the building was very dark and not really inviting. This place was great and we will be back.......COOK MORE STUFFIES!

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank JayrodZ
“Everyone loved the food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Seven of us went out this past Friday June 10th to Corinne's in Pawtucket, RI and ordered dinner. We were blown away with the portion sizes and flavor. We had their pizza, fish and chips, chicken wrap, clam chowder, stuffed Portuguese quahogs and a few other items that I don't remember. EVERYONE was saying how delicious the food was. And the portions were generous! Can't wait to back and I hear this week the band is great too!

• Visited June 2011