“favorite”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2013

One of my favorite places in Rhode Island! Huge beer list and fantastic bar atmosphere. The service is super friendly and they have great entertainment. From trivia to brewery visits, it's always a fun time. They have a pretty big menu and the food is outstanding. I love the new semi-outdoor beer garden they added on, it's such a blast when the weather warms up! There's always ample parking and the prices are very fair.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Guaranteed, they'll have a beer that will make you happy....and probably several! We had eaten here before a couple of years ago and the food was great--seemed more "high end" than this time. This time out it was "meh"; just no-frills pub food, but I wouldn't let that stop you from coming here if you are a beer lover. If beer is your focus and food just something to soak some of it up with, you will still love this place. Nice Irish atmosphere, very friendly, very knowledgeable bartenders who can describe the beers to you and advise you (no easy feat I'm sure, with so many to remember!). We make it a destination from time to time, because there's nothing like it in the area. A great place to expand your beer tastes and knowledge. We like hanging out at the bar best--the bartenders (besides being beer savvy) never lose their patience or sense of humor, even on a busy night. Recommended for a fun night out if great food is not your focus.

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

This establishment is well respected with anyone locally that enjoys Pubs, great quality craft beers, festive environment that is for friends & family alike.

Its not a fancy establishment, hence the term pub. From the front exterior it looks like it is a small hole in the wall. Don't be intimidated - its oblong and had a newly added on year round deck in back ~ personally I prefer the rustic feel of the inside.

The beer menu is printed daily in the placemat - yes, I wrote placemat. Beer aficionado's will be VERY pleased with all the options

Enjoy it! EVERYONE I've brought here has been nothing but impressed!

CHEERS!!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

It's a typical pub with ample seating. The menu is large for both food and drink. Lots of beers offered on tap, which is great, but many of the beers are too similar. There aren't many standouts. My group enjoyed their food, but it was pub fare and nothing special. My fish and chips was really bland and tasteless. I wouldn't be so disappointed if people hadn't talked this place up like it was so incredible and the food was out of this world. If I had gone expecting just a pub, my experience would have been different.
Our table was not bussed between courses and drink rounds. Plates were piled high on the table and the crowded table top caused a beer to spill. Our waitress didn't seem to notice or care and it took 10 minutes to get extra napkins to clean up the spill. Poor service, even if it was a busy Saturday night.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were in Pawtucket for a play and found Doherty's as a close by pub.What a FIND! Deceiving from the outside as you drive up - but once you get inside, opens up into a nice (not great decor) pub space. The beer list is awesome - the list has some 80+ drafts, more bottles and a wide selection of not so typical hard liquors....FOOD: great pub food - clam chowder - yum; friends had wings and ribs and wiped their plates clean - I had fish and chips - I hate fries - but these were very good,fish was moist and served piping hot, great slaw on the side! - - they have a brunch menu that looked great - SERVICE : started off kind of weird - but "KATY" came over when we asked if we could get service - and while we weren't part of her station - she just pitched in got us started and finished with us - ASK FOR KATY - you will be glad you did!

and yes - next pass into the PROVIDENCE area - and this will be on our stop list - less than a mile from 95 - so easy to get to and back as well.....